Order of the Butterfly
    In_Correct
    Quote:

Caldor wrote:
    Quote:

skrev In_Correct :
    Quote:

Caldor wrote:
    I for one is a bit put off by the 111 euro price. MacOSX and Windows 8 both sell for less and gets support and updates for free for years to come. I had hoped and somewhat expected the price would have been between 30-40 euro, and if so I would have payed straight away. But 111 euro for an OS running on hardware so old it might die any day, and if it dies the licence is lost with it? Thats a bit steep of a price for me, although I must admit I might still pay it in the future some day. But I certainly think its a risk to do so.

That said, it is a nice and fast OS. I have grown fond of it. I am a bit annoyed by how hard it is to run Amiga games on it though. E-UAE could really use a more user friendly GUI, and maybe an easier way to install it. For now I will be spending my money on actuall Amiga hardware instead.

I recommend you spend your money on a SAM computer. It can be considered "Actual Amiga Hardware" which MorphOS will eventually support.

What is a SAM computer and where can I get one? And would it be able to run Amiga games directly with the right software?

SAM Computer is a product line of mother boards or logic boards. Recently, they are sold as complete systems. :-) They vary slightly and MorphOS is supporting it with future release of MorphOS update. They will only support one or perhaps two SAM. aCube manfuctures the SAM computer

They have
    SAM 440
    SAM 460
    SAM 460 EX
    SAM 460 CR

These are all desktop computers.

AmigaOne BoingBall keyboards and mice are sold by AmigaKit. This will help with Amiga experience, instead of Windows or Macintosh keys.

Currently, no laptop or notebook device exists, except for the used iBook G4 and the used PowerBookG4. Myself and others are campaigning at http://forum.powerpc-notebook.org/ for new laptop and notebook device.

I have not yet played a classic Amiga game. I am interested in the classic Amiga version of Pushover.
    (G.I. Ant finding the dog's bags of crisps) Because the new Pushover has horrid music and horrid sound effects compared to classic Pushover.

However, MorphOS contains backwards compatibility with classic Amiga. Later, this will be replaced with an emulator just like VICE, Wii, DOS BOX, Amstrad, MAME, etc. All are available for MorphOS and can be downloaded easily with Grunch.
    :-) I Support Quark Microkernel. :-D
  • »15.01.15 - 21:36
    Profile Visit Website