• Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    Roland
    I think MorphOs is fine and there is no real need for MorphOS NG. You could redesign the complete OS, add memory protection, 64 bits support etc, but what would you (user) do differently after that?

From my perception, the OS is limited (as was the amiga) but it does what I expect it to do. Can I do my work on MorphOS? No. Missing are really good productivity tools, missing is decent task management (if an application really hangs and ignores a break signal, having to restart the system is so 1970) and there are many things that have become standard in all operating systems. Its a choice to adept or not adept good things from other systems.

Do we really need more and better applications? Obviously not, a lot of people probably have a second and third machine for serious work. So why change the engine of the car, if nobody is really going to drive 120 Mph afterwards.

I think the MorphOS devs are doing a great job, they keep MorphOS a nice hobby system, that I can play with.
  • »15.11.14 - 11:24