• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    In_Correct
    I just want to say this. (Some I might have said before.)

It would be nice to sometime in the future release a version of MorphOS which adds the memory protection and the support for multi core processors. There are PowerPC devices with multi core processors, even if they are old and end of life... or used, such as the PowerMac G5? Doesn't this mean that there could be PowerMac G5 with Multi Core Processors out there with MorphOS installed onto them, but not supporting the processors?? This is why I think they should be supported, even before an ISA switch. I think that the Multi Core Processors and Memory Protection is more important than the ISA switch. Yes I might be crazy.

And another reason is I think they are much, much more important compared to the 68K support. Continuing to drag this along is making MorphOS look embarassing. Just put it into an emulator, and / or port it to the MiniMig, if you desire the native 68K software support, with no need for emulator.

In conclusion (of this segment of the post), the Multi Core Processings need to be supported eventually. Didn't I read somewhere in these threads there are new Hardwares that all have multple processors?

I beg you to never make MorphOS hosted onto Linux. I use MorphOS to get away from Windows, OS X, and especially Linux.

I'd like an ARM or MIPS support, but if the ISA differences these days really are negligible, ...

I am not necessarily against X86 hardware support sometime in future, but the hardware must be affordable and not an overpriced Intel "Mac". I love portable computers, so I must have laptop. And I know that this is an impossible request, but I don't want to see PowerPC support completely dropped. If only MorphOS supported multiple ISAs.

Even sillier, I would like to see MorphOS pre-installed onto hardware.

Don't annonce anything. I like surprises. and I hate disappointments.

Thanks.

[ Edited by In_Correct 15.11.2014 - 03:02 ]
    :-) I Support Quark Microkernel. :-D
  • »15.11.14 - 08:49
    Profile Visit Website