• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Yasu
    Zylesea got a point. I can't remember any time MorphOS had a better reputation in the general Amiga world than now. This is thanks to great updates, the laptop support with 3.0, OWB (and it's port to AmigaOS 4 which must have embarrassed HE a little) and the G5 port that gives us yet again the fastest machine (the X1000 didn't have that position for long).

I'm not saying that we need the actual port anytime soon. But maybe, just maybe it would be a good move to announce that the port is being worked on, even if it's just in the planning stage. It would most probably raise a lot of interest among the people who have been waiting for this and they are many.

I do understand bigfoots objections too. This is a huge task and time and resources are scarce. We have hardware now in plenty, they don't cost much, are well supported and they are not "ancient" yet (just a little old).

So I have conflicting feelings about this. On the one hand I want the ISA shift ASAP, on the other hand I don't want the Team to direct resources away from their current work plan since it's going so well as it is. You can't eat the cake and have it.

But if the Team have a suggestion of what we, the users, can do to speed up development I would be happy to hear it. Maybe doing the Haiku approach and have a bounty that will pay one developer one months worth of full time salary at the time working on a specific task. Or whatever. I want to help however I can.

And before I finish this long rant, I want to assure the Team that we do not bother you with this over and over again because we think you do a poor job. We bother you because we really really like MorphOS. This is a huge sign of appreciation for all your hard work. Just don't forget that.

That's it. I will stop bothering you now and let you get back to coding :-)
    AMIGA FORUM - Hela Sveriges Amigatidning!
    AMIGA FORUM - Sweden's Amiga Magazine!

My MorphOS blog
  • »14.11.14 - 11:01
    Profile Visit Website