• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    The A1016 and the A1048 are Apple manufactured hardware, so I am only trying to encourage anyone who is on the developer team to see if this bit of Apple hardware can be 'helped' into being fully working with MorphOS, as there doesn't seem to be a good reason why it shouldn't be possible to work out how these keyboards function, and so modify any required code to be able to get them to work with MorphOS.

Quote:

jPV wrote:Yeah, well, if MMKeyboard doesn't detect those keys, then you should use some other keys which it detects, but at least using other keys is better than nothing at all :)

If MMKeyboard does not work with these specific keys on these Apple A1016 and A1048 keyboards, your suggestion is not a viable solution for these Apple keyboards, unfortunately.

I see no real need to be using other keys on the keyboard that are not specifically for Volume +/-/Mute or Eject, even though I have setup F12 and the Eject key (which is read by MOS as the F12 key) - in combination with Ctrl, to trigger an Eject of any CD, I cannot set up the other Volume or F13-16 keys for other functions, as they are not recognised by MorphOS, and subsequently, not surprisingly by MMKeyboard, so my hope lives on that the Apple keys will someday be supported by the developers for MorphOS.
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »09.10.14 - 20:45