• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    Quote:

ALB42 wrote:
    Depends on whats your plan,

You can use Standard MUI functions/objects to create GUIs, perfectly usable already, the Header Data and library functions for MUI are included.

If you want to use Lazarus/LCL Window like programming someone has to port the LCL-Wrapper to MorphOS/MUI. This is tough work, I tell you.
    I'm doing this at the moment for AROS http://blog.alb42.de and most of this would also work on MorphOS, there is just a tiny thing in the MorphOS - Freepascal missing, the Resource support. If this is added (most likely by Charlie), I would like to try the LCL also for MorphOS.

@ALB42:

I will speak for myself and what I want...

I dont know who Charlie is...but IMO... If there was 1 language that has "everything" I need to build an app, be it CLI based but *also* GUI (without f'in around and learning MUI stuff), I would be for it. Can FreePascal be that? Is it powerful enough to access SQLite databases, has the ability for some graphics stuff (charts or what have you)..something someone can go to *one* location to do all development..1 tool.

If so, is all we need the resource support, then the LCL? If yes...tell me..what will it take to make this happen? PM is ok.
  • »14.04.15 - 13:23
    Profile Visit Website