• MorphOS Developer
    bigfoot
    Quote:

amyren wrote:
    At this point I have already the CD in the slot, since I did use MacOS to download and burn the update image. So I press and hold 'C' while rebooting.
    Then it apears to boot from the CD and I get the language choice menu and when I continue I get to the message that my boot.image is to old, and I am instructed to to the open firmware prompt and type: boot /pci/cd

This happens if the Mac for whatever reason didn't actually boot from the CD but rather loaded the boot image from the already installed version of MorphOS.

Quote:

I did try that, but only get an error message "load size to small" or something like that. At this point I was a bit frustrated, finding that both the on-screen instruction and the online installation notes seem to be wrong.
    At the end I did the thing that worked, and of course it was as simple as holding Alt during boot and select the CD media for booting.

The instructions displayed in that case really only apply to the Pegasos and Pegasos 2 computers.

I've added a ticket to our bug tracking system about this, so with a bit of luck, the next version of MorphOS will display Mac-relevant information in this case instead of the Pegasos 1/2 instructions when booting on a Mac.

Thanks for the report!
    I rarely log in to MorphZone which means that I often miss private messages sent on here. If you wish to contact me, please email me at [username]@asgaard.morphos-team.net, where [username] is my username here on MorphZone.
  • »15.09.14 - 12:34
    Profile Visit Website