• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Is there any likelyhood of the Wifi issues (poor connectivity) with MorphOS being addressed in the near future?

Like many others, I suspect, I have a dual boot Powerbook, and using MacOS 10.4.x I find it latches to my password protected wireless network without any problems, but the MorphOS side of the device is very troublesome at connecting from the same spot in the home, which is about 5 metres from the RangeMax hub - which I bought to keep such issues to a minimum.

In fact I can plug in a PC wireless stick into my PC system, and even though that is about 10 metres away it latches to my system and I can use the wireless network I have setup, yet the MorphOS setup cannot manage to utilise the network. It finds the network, but I just cannot get it to connect, unless I position it within a metre or so of the wireless hub, and basically have to be in the same room. I feel sure I have tried all the above ideas, but it really is very disappointing to be in this position with a system I really like using, but to be 'thwarted' from using the wireless option due to some issue not being properly resolved by the team.

I would like to think that it is going to be fully addressed in the next update, whenever that is .... which is sort of overdue in general, compared to the generally frequent MOS updates, but I do hope it gets fixed in the next update, and also hope the update is due in the near future. ;-)
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »01.04.15 - 04:25