AmiWest 2011 Show
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Good enough!
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »14.08.11 - 08:22
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Good enough!
  • »14.08.11 - 08:22
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    eliyahu
    @amigadave

are you planning on setting up a table for showing off MorphOS at the show this year? i didn't see you listed on the draft list of exhibitors. i'd be happy to pick up the tab for the table if you guys can bring some machine(s) to demo and/or promotional materials.

-- eliyahu
  • »13.09.11 - 19:17
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Yes, I will be there again this year and Acill has agreed to go with me. I have agreed to do a presentation at this year's AmiWest Show (or perhaps Acill will do the presentation, not decided yet), so there will be a demonstration on the big projection screen of MorphOS2.x with a Q&A session at my table afterward.

This year MorphOS will be represented much better than last year, I guarantee it!

Edit: I may accept your offer to help pay for the display table fee. It is expensive for me to attend this show each year with the cost of gasoline and the hotel, plus the display table.

[ Edited by amigadave 13.09.2011 - 22:44 ]
  • »14.09.11 - 06:41
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    Any help we can get will be a huge deal! Thank you!!

Also I just wanted to post a quick update to what I will be showing this year at Amiwest. I've received the latest build of the IOS Amiga emulator engine from Manomia that is working very well. Its being used to develop games wrapped in a stand alone package. The first major one now on the App Store is Defender of the Crown.

Currently I have several scene demos, games, WB 1.3 and a few other goodies working very stable and set to show off. This does not require your phone or iPad to be jail broken as well.
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCI-X (Registration #1894)
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCIE (Registration #6130)
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    Need Repairs, upgrades or a recap in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »24.09.11 - 17:08
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    pampers
    Amigadave: Please post your paypal account here, I will throw in few bucks to support you guys.
    MorphOS 3.x
  • »24.09.11 - 20:30
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    If anyone wants to donate toward the cost to show MorphOS at the AmiWest 2011 Show, please contact me via PMail here.

Although probably safe, I just feel uncomfortable about posting my PayPal account in a forum posting.
  • »25.09.11 - 02:52
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    eliyahu
    @amigadave

PM sent. :-)

-- eliyahu
  • »25.09.11 - 04:02
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    Thanks for the donations, though not required I am sure it will help fund the trip and get a great table!
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    Need Repairs, upgrades or a recap in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »25.09.11 - 04:16
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    Getting close!!! I cant wait to make the trip up this year!
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
  • »11.10.11 - 01:42
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Yes, Thank you Eliyahu, for donating toward the table rental. It is greatly appreciated and although I have already thanked you privately, I wanted to thank you publicly as well.
  • »11.10.11 - 05:55
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Maybe next year I will have my 30 foot long RV fixed up (new tires and brakes are going to cost over $1,500) and can find a place to park it not too far from the AmiWest hotel. The gasoline will be much more expensive, but saving the cost of renting a hotel room should offset the cost of the gas.

Driving the RV up there would be more comfortable and I could easily fit many people inside to go with us next year.

[ Edited by amigadave 10.10.2011 - 22:10 ]
  • »11.10.11 - 06:09
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    I gave up on RV trips. While fun they still require you to tow or rent a car when you get where your going, and still end up costing more for the trip in the end. I got rid of mine, its like a boat, a never ending pt for your hard earned cash.
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
  • »12.10.11 - 14:00
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    RV's make more sense when you are retired (like me), but I got good use out of mine taking the family on trips to places that we didn't need a car to drive around once we got to where we wanted to visit.

Boats are just a hole in the water to through money into, but they are fun to use. I have Sea Doo's instead, the three passenger models that are powerful enough to water ski behind.
  • »12.10.11 - 18:07
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    number6
    Hi Dave,

Could you please read this. He might need a ride.

Post #134

• »12.10.11 - 21:34
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    I can't remember if I replied to him earlier, but I have sent him a PMail offering to give him a ride to AmiWest with us. I will wait for his reply.
  • »12.10.11 - 23:22
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    cheesegrate
    This is great news about mos 3.0 beta being demoed on the powerbook, I am sure it will be the star of the show.
  • »13.10.11 - 16:06
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    No one has said that MorphOS3.0 will be demo'd at the AmiWest Show. It is not released yet and won't be released by next week as far as I know. If I implied it in some previous post, it was a mistake and I did not mean to imply such.

I do have a special boot.img of MorphOS2.7 that works on my G4 PowerBook to demo at the AmiWest 2011 Show, but the MorphOS Dev. Team does not distribute beta versions (again AFAIK).
  • »14.10.11 - 11:13
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Calling all talented artists who visit MorphZone.org!

I need a great MorphOS poster design sent to me so I can print it out on my large format inkjet printer before I travel to the AmiWest 2011 Show next week.

I am also displaying the FPGA Arcade Replay board at my table for Mike Johnson and he has come up with a couple of really great looking posters for it, so I need at least one really great poster for MorphOS as well. I don't want the FPGA Arcade Replay posters making my MorphOS table looking like it has no support from Amiga artists.

So please let me know if you can help me out with this task. I already have enough other tasks to take care of before the show begins and I am no artist, so I need your help.
  • »14.10.11 - 12:14
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    cheesegrate
    I hope you will not be demonstrating a year old iso on the powerbook
  • »16.10.11 - 05:24
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    I have just received a new ISO, but AFAIK, it is not the same as the 3.0 beta that the developers are working with, so it will not have all of the features or drivers that MorphOS3.0 will have when it is released.

I am trying to get more info regarding what has been sent to me, but I am having some email problems between myself and one of the developers.

I will do the best I can with what I am given to present.
  • »16.10.11 - 07:10
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Possibly you've receive a 2.8 beta?
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »17.10.11 - 15:45
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Update: Received some new info about the version sent to me to demo at the AmiWest 2011 Show and it appears that it will be the 3.0 version of MorphOS that I will be showing and will have most of the features that the MorphOS Dev. Team has completed so far.

I will have more info and try to prepare a Pre-Show report for the MorphZone.org members before I leave to go to AmiWest and then try to report from the show (with pictures) to update you all on how the presentation is going.

Thanks to everyone that has helped, or offered to help prepare for this presentation. Eliyahu and Timothy Deters for donating toward the rental of two display tables, and Pampers for his design of a MorphOS poster to display on the wall behind the tables.

Edit: The above should include the word "Beta" after any reference to MorphOS3.0

[ Edited by amigadave 17.10.2011 - 18:48 ]
  • »17.10.11 - 22:26
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    osco
    my powerbook says thanks to Dave, the team,and Neal :-o :-o :-o
    my birthday is the 22nd blow out the candles :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint:

[ Edited by osco 17.10.2011 - 17:52 ]
    Mac Mini 1.5GHz, 1G, 250G Drive, Apple Cinema Display, MorphOS 3.1 registered, MacOS 10 PowerBook (5,8) 1.67Hz, 2G, 80G Drive,........Waiting
    PowerBook (5,8) 1.67Hz, 2G, 40G MorphOS 3.1 unregisterd
  • »17.10.11 - 22:49