• Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Yep, you obviously know this company.
    Trust me, after spending several years working for a company that sold 68K based computers in the late 80's and early 90's (and actually had product to sell and a customer base), I always take my initial contacts with individuals in small companies somewhat sceptically.
    We had competitors that announced products that never got produced (or if they did had major flaws).
    If Varisys, as an organization, has some peculiarities, I'm not sure I want to know. I was impressed by what I saw on the internet (and in exchanging e-mails), but I'm not too familiar with the company yet.
    It would disappoint me to run into another phony front.
    I used to have to deal with "competitors" that had no real products (and often compared their vaporware to our shipping hardware unfavorably).
    The main reason I trust you Andreas, is that in interacting with you I've come to realize you're far more informed than I am and I respect your opinion and your accomplishments.
    It takes me awhile before I trust people, because I've dealt with too many people (many apparently respected by others) who seemed to rely on baffling others with bull****.

[ Edited by Jim on 2010/4/9 3:47 ]
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »09.04.10 - 02:45