• vox
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    vox
    Quote:

Zylesea wrote:
    Well, time goes by and soon 2015 will be over. What are your expecations for 2016?
    Here are mine as a starter:

MorphOS:
    3.10 should be out rather soon with some nice things to come (new gfx drivers, usb isochronous mode).
    New sdk, too.

I hope that development of MorphOS on x64 will go full steam in 2016 and maybe first things will be shown later the year, but I don't expect a release for x64 in 2016 (if lucky in 2017 though).

Software:
    Pagestream could eventually make it.
    I hope for an Odyssey update. JS-JIT would be great.
    Dopus 5.9 Magellan MOS would be great

Hardware:
    I don't expect new hardware (mainboards/computers) for MorphOS this year except the X5000.

Users:
    I think the slow increase will continue, but I doubt the increase will speed up significantly unless MorphOS x64 will come (and eve then I don't expect masses to come, but maybe 5 digit number of users could get reached then)

Myself:
    Hope to make my first serious application for a broader audience.

Software: Page Stream and start of Libre Office, or if not that revamp of Papyrous and further development, or similar project bringing office tools (sorry boys I need word processing and spreadsheet more capable then toys)
    Update to web browser and Java Script would be great on web site.

HW: Nemo board (X1000) support would be good, if they do SAM and X5000 (and maybe Tabor?) that would bring full PPC diversity. I understand this not priority now.

Would love to see progress towards x64 but MOS team havent stated which boards, AMD CPUs seems preffered, and havent said anything on how long they will support PPCs which is crucial for current userbase (or will they like Linux - support both). However before the giant leap, or together with it, they need to go 64 bit and SMP and seems like X5000 (x1000 also as PPC64 sys?) and G5 PPC machines could be used to test it before move to x64

[ Edited by vox 01.05.2016 - 23:11 ]
    ------------------------------------------
    iMac G5 1GB with MorphOS and MacOS X
    Lame PC with AmiKit XE
    YT channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdHl_msNWHEVPf229h_gijQ
    Telegram Amiga group: https://t.me/amigaranchorelaxo
  • »01.05.16 - 20:10