• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    Cego, you bore me. Nevertheless, I'll reply to your post. I think you dont understand what I"m saying. Maybe a language barrier and english is your second language. Maybe this post will clarify?

Quote:

Cego wrote:

Almost 150.000 downloads of WinUAE, and that only from that site. And i think some of those are also using some version of a fully configured amigaos.

People like you probably dont understand, but with WinUAE support there is the biggest amiga market available now for OS4. There is a huge potential to gain many new users (if it's done right). And you only have to pay 30 Euros.

<YAWN> I dont care. Again.. <sigh> I'm not a OS4 user. I dont care about using it. If I get OS4, its because its a pirated copy. No joke. I wont even spend the $10 on it or whatever it costs. If you go to a Linux forum and talk about Windows, how many people will care? Just like if you come here and talk about OS4, you ran across me. I dont care.

Quote:

Cego wrote
    You cant get more mainstream compatible than this in the amiga market even when you had a native version of aos or mos for x64, you'd still be limited to a small hardware basis.

I agree. Running WinUAE, an emulator, on a new PC means running an emulator on new hardware.

Quote:

Cego wrote:
    there are disadvantages like the emulated PPC speed but this will change sooner or later.

I agree.

Quote:

Cego wrote:
    i dont know why you keep bragging about "it's no competition". Even MorphOS devs say that they find it challenging when theres new stuff available in OS4.1

I think this is where your lack of english/reading comprehension took a turn for the worse. I said:

Quote:

TheMagicM wrote:
    OS 4 a competitor?!?!?!?!? REALLY??? I cant run it on my Powerbook, cant run it on my G5. So to me, its not competing on any hardware I own.

Just in case you missed the above quote..I'll re-quote it:

Quote:

TheMagicM wrote:
    OS 4 a competitor?!?!?!?!? REALLY??? I cant run it on my Powerbook, cant run it on my G5. So to me, its not competing on any hardware I own.

Ok, what that means is... I cannot run OS4 on a PowerBook or my bad ass G5 Mac tower. So it doesnt compete on any hardware *I OWN*. "I own" is in my above quote and then the original quote above that, just in case you missed it. Probably a vision issue on your end? So if its something that I dont use, why would I care? Competition is good for the MorphOS Dev team..but even then, I'll say they are the BEST DEVELOPERS between these two platforms bar none.

Quote:

Cego wrote:
    Besides that, fanboys like you are constantly talking about OS4. why? MorphOS and AmigaOS are also running on the same hardware which means they are direct competitors.

Really? I talk about OS4 "constantly"? Maybe when I say it sucks. LMAO. I'm sorry, but you are delusional.

Quote:

Cego wrote
    You ask "who wants to run amiga like OSes on emulators", but it's the same with 10+ year old hardware. who wants to run an 111 Euro OS on an outdated hardware?

"who wants to run Workbench on a real Amiga"? Oh I dunno. I guess nobody uses a real Amiga. Ebay doesnt exist, Amibay no longer has users buying and selling real, actual Amiga hardware. We all want to emulate. Everybody. Nobody is happy and we are all wanting OS4 on a emulator.

Quote:

Cego wrote
    and when people like you are willing to accept the handicap of using 10 year old hardware, then for me theres no problem at all with using OS4 on an emulator.

Well then. I guess I am the only user happy with running MorphOS on my $100 Powerbook G4. I mean its fast, does what I want... NAH.. I have to be lying right? right?? LOL!!!

Quote:

Cego wrote:
    you are laughin about OS4 and it's restrictions but at the same time you're pretty fine with your own restrictions.

If you mean taking my Powerbook G4 with MorphOS everywhere I go, a "restriction", then I guess I am happy with my restriction :-)

Quote:

Cego wrote:
    which eventually leads me to the conclusion that you're a blinded fanboy full of OS4 hatred not able to put things into perspective

I just think you're trying to come out of the closet and say you love OS4. Its ok to come out, I'll accept you. Hell, post it here on MZ.

Cego, I dont care if you or anyone else like OS4 emulated. Thats great. I really have no problem with it. I am NOT an OS4 user, never have been, never will be. The only way I"ll test OS4, I listed above, then I'll delete it. I am 1000% happy with taking my 10 year old Powerbook everywhere I go with MorphOS on it. Maybe you're just an unhappy guy seeing others happy?

Please run this thru translate.google.com in your native tongue, just to make sure you comprehend.

[ Edited by TheMagicM 21.02.2016 - 22:24 ]
  • »22.02.16 - 04:19
    Profile Visit Website