• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    Quote:

Cego schrieb:

4. As stated before probably 99% of the people do already own a modern x64 machine. So they don't have to buy extra hardware, which ultimately means you would only have to pay 29,95 Euros for OS4.1. If you wanna use or test MorphOS you HAVE TO buy old/outdated or new and overpriced hardware.

And that is exactly the point where I see the big plus for an emulator myself. It's not only the cost (money may matter or not - depneding on your actual bank account), but it's also the thing of having heaps of technology. While it's kind of funky to have a lot of more or less exotc gear (i really like it) it's also not the most convenient and practical solution for all. An emulator lowers the hurdle for many ppl. And an emulator is an addition not a replacement. I don't see me replacing my ppc kit with an emulator, but I would of course welcome to be able to use MorphOS wherever I am without carrying a dedicated machine with me.

Anyway: best way forward is to go x64 anyway. And then with drivers for some real hardware, but also for a virtualized environement.
    --
    http://via.bckrs.de

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
    ...and Matthias , my friend - RIP
  • »21.02.16 - 23:38
    Profile Visit Website