• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Cego
    Quote:

TheMagicM wrote:

You hit the nail on the head. Ultimately, who wants to run a Amiga-like OS in an emulator under Windows. I'm with you Yasu, I dont. The last time I used WinUAE is to build a compact flash card with Workbench 2.1 for my Amiga 500 with a kipper2k board. If I didnt have that board, I wouldnt use WinUAE. So the last time I actually used WinUAE has been years, not even to play a game. I have an Amiga 500 for games, actual hardware. So if the other side is happy running WinUAE, more power to them. I dont care. I use MorphOS on *real hardware*, not emulated.

http://www.chip.de/downloads/WinUAE_12996915.html

Almost 150.000 downloads of WinUAE, and that only from that site. And i think some of those are also using some version of a fully configured amigaos.

People like you probably dont understand, but with WinUAE support there is the biggest amiga market available now for OS4. There is a huge potential to gain many new users (if it's done right). And you only have to pay 30 Euros.

You cant get more mainstream compatible than this in the amiga market even when you had a native version of aos or mos for x64, you'd still be limited to a small hardware basis.

this way you can make it run on any x64/86 plattform.
    there are disadvantages like the emulated PPC speed but this will change sooner or later.

i dont know why you keep bragging about "it's no competition". Even MorphOS devs say that they find it challenging when theres new stuff available in OS4.1

Besides that, fanboys like you are constantly talking about OS4. why? MorphOS and AmigaOS are also running on the same hardware which means they are direct competitors.

You ask "who wants to run amiga like OSes on emulators", but it's the same with 10+ year old hardware. who wants to run an 111 Euro OS on an outdated hardware?

when it comes to modern and available hardware like the sam and X5k, MorphOS is more expensive.

and when people like you are willing to accept the handicap of using 10 year old hardware, then for me theres no problem at all with using OS4 on an emulator.

you are laughin about OS4 and it's restrictions but at the same time you're pretty fine with your own restrictions.

which eventually leads me to the conclusion that you're a blinded fanboy full of OS4 hatred not able to put things into perspective

[ Edited by Cego 21.02.2016 - 20:03 ]
    Pegasos II G4 @1.0GHz, 1GB DDR Ram, Radeon 9200Pro, 240GB SSD+160GB HD, MorphOS 3.18, AmigaOS4.1 FE, Debian 8
  • »21.02.16 - 19:59