• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    Quote:

Yasu wrote:
    I don't care if it's slow as a frozen snail or 2000% faster than the real thing. It's still emulation and I care little for emulation. This is why I got a MiST instead of settling for WinUAE, even though WinUAE is so much better at the moment. I can stand "hardware emulation" but I only use emulators like WinUAE when playing a game or a demo. It just doesn't feel like the real thing which is why I don't use it to run Workbench on it.

The question is really how many people reason like me.

You hit the nail on the head. Ultimately, who wants to run a Amiga-like OS in an emulator under Windows. I'm with you Yasu, I dont. The last time I used WinUAE is to build a compact flash card with Workbench 2.1 for my Amiga 500 with a kipper2k board. If I didnt have that board, I wouldnt use WinUAE. So the last time I actually used WinUAE has been years, not even to play a game. I have an Amiga 500 for games, actual hardware. So if the other side is happy running WinUAE, more power to them. I dont care. I use MorphOS on *real hardware*, not emulated.
  • »21.02.16 - 13:55
    Profile Visit Website