• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Yasu
    I don't care if it's slow as a frozen snail or 2000% faster than the real thing. It's still emulation and I care little for emulation. This is why I got a MiST instead of settling for WinUAE, even though WinUAE is so much better at the moment. I can stand "hardware emulation" but I only use emulators like WinUAE when playing a game or a demo. It just doesn't feel like the real thing which is why I don't use it to run Workbench on it.

The question is really how many people reason like me. If a lot of people who buy AOS 4.1FE for Classic to run in UAE sticks with it and start to make programs or at least use it as a normal computer, then you are right that this move was a good thing for the community. But if most people think like me and just turn it on from time to time to play with it for 15 minutes or so, then you are basically where you where before.

I don't know which of the two scenarios are true. Both is plausable. I do think having emulation as an option is a good thing/good move. But I don't agree that it's going to be a killer feature that "steal" users away from MorphOS, or even AmigaOS 4 users on real hardware.
    AMIGA FORUM - Hela Sveriges Amigatidning!
    AMIGA FORUM - Sweden's Amiga Magazine!

My MorphOS blog
  • »21.02.16 - 12:14
    Profile Visit Website