• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Cego
    Quote:

redrumloa wrote:
    Quote:

Cego wrote:

where did i say that OS4 is on par with MorphOS under UAE?

You keep bragging about MorphOS having competition from OS4 CLASSIC under emulation on cheap laptops. People keep trying to explain to you it is an apples and oranges comparison, but you keep repeating the same lines over and over. OS4 *CLASSIC* is not even a full OS4 distribution, it is largely stripped. You might as well try to make the argument Minimig with OS3.X is also a competitor with MorphOS, since it would be about as valid as your argument.

Quote:

Somebody should do some benchmarks ranging from a cheap i5 system to an highend x64 PC.

There are plenty of benchmarks out there, none of them support your argument.

Link

With a high end i7 desktop, you will just barely edge out a a decades old A4k with CSPPC, but won't come close to a lowly Sam460ex. Your dirt cheap used laptop you keep proposing wouldn't match an A4k with CSPPC in raw performance. Then you factor in the show-stopping limitations such as 128MB RAM and you would have to question why we are even discussing this.

well there are already benchmarks stating that the emulation is already on par with an G3@500MHz
    and btw we are comparing winuae with morphos here, not OS4.1
    Things will change and they are changing. On an i5 @2,3GHz OS4.1 boots up in 25 seconds. and according to sysmon benchmarks it's even faster in aspects of IO then A1 machines. come to think that PPC emulation is still in the beginning. Oh and qemu is one of the slow ppc emulators...
    so sooner or later it'll be competition when it comes to performance. marketing and sales related it is already a challenging competitor.
    there are restrictions right now like limited ram and missing voodoo 3 drivers but those things are a matter of time.

check this https://amigafun.wordpress.com/2014/09/15/winuae-powerpc-huge-speed-increases-with-amigaos4-1/
    Pegasos II G4 @1.0GHz, 1GB DDR Ram, Radeon 9200Pro, 240GB SSD+160GB HD, MorphOS 3.18, AmigaOS4.1 FE, Debian 8
  • »21.02.16 - 11:35