• jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

Krashan wrote:
    Quote:

mmace wrote:
    I keep hearing that I need to install a pack or power pack straight after installing MorphOS, I cannot see it in the downloads, can anyone point me in the right direction please?

I would stay away from Chrysalis Pack. It installs tons of software of varying quality in arbitrary locations and changes some system settings. In my opinion starting with clean system and installing software by hand or with Grunch is much better and easier to grasp.

I'd say Chrysalis Pack is good if you need a quick setup for demoing or something like that. Or if you want to be inspired what can be configured or installed... new users might take a look to it, but then it's better to start from clean installation and configure the system like you want. Or have one partition with Chrysalis and another with your own setup. But of course if you're extremely lazy and you'd use the system only occasionally, then Chrysalis might be a good solution for you, but be prepared that there might be some problems for example after official OS updates that way.
  • »21.08.13 - 10:26
    Profile Visit Website