• Cocoon
    Cocoon
    I've been missing the old Amiga days quite a lot recently, in 2000 I sold my A1200T PPC CV63/3D to someone in the US, I've regretted it ever since.
    I've done quite a bit of digging and research over the past month, and I believe the best option for me is to buy a 2nd hand PowerMac G4 and get a licence for MorphOS next month.
    I'm joining you lot no matter what the answers are to the below, but I was hoping I could get some feedback from you guys to some queries I have (mainly software recommendations):

1) I have read a lot about Hollywood, but looking on the site I can see no way to download/buy it unless it's not the English version, can anyone help with this? (I've developed Android apps for a couple of years so would love to expand this to Amiga software by trying out Hollywood)

2) Is there any photo manipulation software available? I'm not expecting Photoshop, but something simple would be nice (do online sites like SumoPaint work OK in OWB?)

3) Video editing? (even simple edits)

4) Any way to use Dropbox other than the website?

5) Is it easy to read/write to a shared folder on Windows 7 on the same network?

6) Can I remote control the MorphOS PC from work or my home laptop? (I currently use Chrome Remote Desktop on the PC, I also connect via VPN from my phone), and could I control my PC from MorphOS?

7) Is there any issues with Google Docs on OWB?

8) Does Google Music work in OWB as this is my main source for music?

9) Is there a way to download newsgroups binaries over SSL using nzb files?

As I said, these aren't dealbreakers, but I was a massive Amiga user back in the 90s and I'd really like to use this as my main desktop, which I think I will be doing, so any of the above would be just icing on the cake!

Thanks in advance for any help, advice & pointers
  • »19.08.13 - 12:25