• News Moderator
    News Moderator
    Darth_X
    Quote:

The BeBox is a standard ATX case but has a custom front panel. I thought it was neat at the time but it looks kind of dated now, don't you think?

Not at all. Just as you can buy retro looking cars here in North America like the PT Cruiser why not to bring back one of the nicer retro case designs? :-D

Show me a 'retro' PC case that looks nicer!

Most case designs I have seen lately I consider to be ugly, except for designs from SONY VAIO or Apple (except maybe that ugly lampy imac)

One thing I would change are the I/O ports. USB, Firewire, but also classic MIDI ports would be a requirement. However, most people do not like to have to reach to the back to plug in or unplug cables. A breakout box makes sense! :-D

Quote:

As far as I know, custom case parts are quite expensive to produce in low volumes. Maybe there's some off-the-shelf solutions for a BeBox-looking case. But I think a better idea would be not to try to duplicate the case, but make a new one maybe "inspired" by it, with some design echoes, the LEDs, and so on, but using new, available parts.

Did I forget to put "inspired by" in my original post? That's what I meant.

Quote:

The BeOS experience could provide a lesson: once the x86 port was introduced, PPC support (apps) dropped way down. But this was partly (or maybe mostly) because supported PPC hardware gradually aged as more recent Macs didn't run BeOS. It'll be up to Genesi and Peg users (and other users if the Haiku port can be run on non-Peg PPC platforms) to make PPC Haiku viable.

Does life reflect Art?

BeOS by itself is just another operating system in an x86 world. Pegasos is just a PowerPC motherboard.

But combine them all together: A Cool retro-looking "inspired by" BeBox case, BeOS operating system (with MorphOS and linux along for the ride), and a Pegasos G4 motherboard at the heart of it...

Now we are talking! :-D

[ Edited by Darth_X on 2004/8/27 2:35 ]
  • »27.08.04 - 10:21