• Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    I personally always thought of BeOS as having what the AmigaOS never really had (browsers, video-editing etc.) and lacking what AmigaOS had (great gfx-tools, DTP etc.)

I am currently running BeOS on my laptop, but I sadly had to sell my Pegasos a few months ago, so I cannot really say if it would work to run BeOS under MOL. As soon as I get the finances to buy a new Pegasos(II) I will for sure give it a try...

As I know some ppl in the BeOS community I think I can say for sure that the only commercial BeOS developer, YellowTAB, will not support the PPC platform. It is just too small.
    Now, I donĀ“t want to sound negative, though I might already have passed that point... But the PPC-code for BeOS is still under copyright AFAIK. The versions of BeOS that are freely available are all based on BeOS Personal Edition, and is only available for x86.

So, Haiku seems to be the best shot we have at getting BeOS up and running on Pegasos in a legal way. But it seems like they still have a long way to go.... :-?

Can anyone who knows someone from the Haiku-community comment?!

---

As far as MorphOS is concerned, I am a fan! A big fan!
    8-)
  • »26.08.04 - 12:56