• Cocoon
    Cocoon
    Hello,

I know I might sound a bit unfair now but I'm not sharing the opinion of Miky here. I certainly do like the work the developers spent on MorphOS and they certainly should get honoured and an obolus for what they do. But I am against having others like Miky speak for me - like coming up with the facts that we all must pay here. It's not the point whether they deserve being payed for their work or not, it's just the matter of not having one speak for everyone and have participants to MorphOS and Pegasos community show up here and wonder in what ideas people come.

I think we should leave it up to the MorphOS developers to decide whether they charge or not. MorphOS for my own life isn't that important. I for my own came back to this community to be of help and to keep the name and spirit of the Amiga alife. So you can understand that I am not interested to pay 50-100 euros for an update of MorphOS because it's not that important for me and most likely not as advanced as say MacOSX or Linux (Tools, features etc.). It would be different if they open some sort of donation page where I can donate an ammount of money that I think that I can be willing to pay as some sign of honouring their work (which also depends on my life situation e.g. employment etc.).

This is not meant as critics to the MorphOS team, they certainly do a great job, more than I expected or was expecting for the Amiga community. This is just directed to Miky here as a critic to him.

Please Miky, do not speak for me or others as in facts - we certainly might think differently or have a different opinion. Charging for MorphOS now will certainly scare more people away than winning new people.
  • »23.07.04 - 21:38
    Profile Visit Website