Miky060
    Hi all,
    it's time to seriously face this iussue. Genesi finally publically admitted that they have no money to pay MorphOS developers and now everyone can understand why MOS development has always been not 'really fast'. We have 1.5 example in front of our eyes: after a long, interminable, frustrateing year of waiting and waiting it seems to be still not "out the door".. and this has been admitted also buy developers.

This is comprehensible, we all understand it. If you're not payed for something it's obvious that you can not dedicate all your time to this job. MorphOS development has always been only fruit of the passion, volounty and genius of our great developers. We should thank them all again and I really think it's now time to seriously do something concrete for them.
    In these days we have spoken a lot about this, so let's try to actually arrange something that could help: Genesi has no money to pay them? Ok, it's sad, but it's also stupid and useless to continue to cry about it. Let's we all paLET'S WE ALL PAY FOR THEM!! I will be 100% happy to pay for MorphOS updates and to see it finally developed in a serious and continuous way. I'm also sure that the other people out here thing the same.
    I know, also a 50Eur tax for a MOS1.5 copy will not change the life of these developers, but surelly it could be a point to start from! Why we have to continue on Genesi politics like "everything or nothing"!? Someone spoke about a 1000 users base, so 50Eur * 1000 = 50.000Eur. This is not a terrific number, but it would be surelly an incentive. A way to tell these developers: "we appreciate your work and we want you to continue in this".
    Moreover it's silly to say "the user base is too little to concretely pay for them": user base will never increase if also MOS don't become an attractive product. Everything is consequential.

So, let's try to actually arrange something and most of all: soon!! We could start creating a poll to check how many people would pay for it and how much (20-30-40-50-more Eur?) everyone would be ready to pay. Targhan now it's your turn, it's poll time! :-D

In the mean time why don't MorphOS core developers tell us what they think about this?

[ Edited by Miky060 on 2004/7/23 15:08 ]

[ Edited by Miky060 on 2004/7/23 15:09 ]

[ Edited by Miky060 on 2004/7/23 15:16 ]
  • »23.07.04 - 14:06
    Profile Visit Website