EFIKA & XGI Developer Programs/SuperBundle
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Genesi
    The EFIKA boards for the MorphOS-Team will ship out as soon as we have all the addresses. We would like to extend that opportunity to the broader MorphOS Developer Community. Please let us know if you have not registered at PowerDeveloper and you would like an EFIKA.

We will be starting an XGI Developer Program soon. We have the 2D and 3D sources from XGI and are working with them on supporting a complete release. This has taken nearly a year. Please indicate your interest in this Program when writing as well.

Finally, if you are interested in including *or* licensing an application in the EFIKA SuperBundle please inform us as soon as possible.

R&B :-)
  • »26.11.06 - 23:28
    Profile Visit Website
  • Targhan
    It's probably a bit late for a welcome aboard, still I would like to extend a warm welcome to Mr. Ken Mays from Earthlink. We're glad to have you here!

Now, instead of useful ideas, I'm off to try to figure out exactly how to mount an Efika into a coffee maker carafe, so we can have Mr. MorphOS!
    :idea:Targhan

MorphOS portal? www.MorphZone.org
  • »08.12.06 - 18:17
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Crumb
    That's a nice idea. I remember seeing a similar patch for old amigas, it would be nice to have a CGX5 compatible version that allowed Efika owners to use slow ram instead of running out of memory. But I can't remember the name of the app. AFAIK it was written for picasso96.

I don't know how MOS maps its memory internally, maybe locking a big 64MB "bitmap" in gfx card ram and calling some exec function to add memory to the system would be enough. I don't know if MOS allows that...

I guess that the MOS Team would prefer to keep it as a third party patch but it would be nice to have access to that unused ram. A Radeon9250 will happily work with 32MB and the remaining 96MB could be used for other stuff.
  • »11.12.06 - 16:00
    Profile Visit Website
  • Targhan
    Well, back to the original post ideas:

I would, naturally, be more than willing to do whatever installers that need to be finished for any "superbundle." If I remember my old adventure with the superbundle correctly, It would require minimum updating (it was a fairly open ended installer).

I'm currently working on building an EFIKA inside of an acrylic cosmetics case (thats what a wife can bring to the table!), and have managed to find a full PSU that is 4" x 5" x 2.5" (believe it or not, it's an HP psu).
    :idea:Targhan

MorphOS portal? www.MorphZone.org
  • »11.12.06 - 17:29
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    kmays2000
    Something to think about for the developer SuperBundle is the usual music sampler software! CakeWalk Sonar LE and Tascam GigaStudio is the usual 'pro' option for Windows so why not have a few of the top 'free' Amiga music studios ported for the SuperBundle?

~K
  • »13.12.06 - 02:01
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    robjoh
    Soemthing I would like is some office tools, even if it is old 68k software, it could be nice to see a word processor and something like it.
  • »13.12.06 - 07:03