A special word of Thanks!
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    This site is the greatest, for the very reasons you describe! :-)
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »01.08.05 - 00:26
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    zephar123
    Quote:

Targhan wrote:
    Wow.. what a thread. Anyway, I personally enjoy the fact that there are differing opinions. To some DJBase may seem like a naysayer, but negative comments are just as needed as cheerleading. Cattle-prods hurt the cow, but can get the whole herd moving. Things are far from perfect, and reminders are needed. I'm as hopeful and optimistic as the next guy, so even *I* need to be grounded on occation.

At any rate, guys, let's not let this get personal, 'kay?

I Had to comment on this as it actualy involves me personally. ITs funny, but AW believes that negative post will drive buyers away so troll the truth kill the truth. In reality though its driving buyers away by doign this. For last 2 years ive been using my amiga 1200 ppc for most of my work. SLowly saving up for a new machine. Ive been for last two years closely following the a1 and the pegosis. once I got my money what made the decision to buy a peg2 was AW hiding the truth and trolling anyone who said anythign. HEck I got hammered for stating a simple fact and infact I was trying to find out some information for my final desicion well after that it was like WOW It made me feel that the a1 has alot of skeletons in there closet since there not even willing ot dscuss the bad. Here I never felt that to be the case and made me much more wanting to buy a peg2. 8-)
  • »01.08.05 - 03:59
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    SoundSquare
    there is a reason for this kind of thread to pop up on a regular basis. That is the lack of informations from the MorphOS Team, whoever these secret paranoid coders are.
    So positive or negative attitude it doesn't matter at all, it's only bullshit and speculation. The fact is that the MorphOS Team (you know, that bunch of mysterious half-god coders) has nothing to show to us and are facing a base of users that are getting a bit more cynical every month.

now MorphOS Team, prove me wrong 8-)
  • »01.08.05 - 07:49
  • Leo
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Leo
    I mostly agree with DjBase & SoundSquare...

@SoundSquare: they won't prove you anything. Ignoring this kind of thread is easier for them...
    Nothing hurts a project more than developers not taking the time to let their community know what is going on.
  • »01.08.05 - 10:02
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Velcro_SP
    |||

[ Edited by Velcro_SP 05.08.2011 - 19:14 ]
    Pegasos2 G3, 512 megs RAM
  • »01.08.05 - 10:33
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    minator
    The MOS developers are far to quiet, they could all jump off a cliff and nobody would notice them missing for months.

People on the mailing list might notice but not everyone is on it.

They need to do smaller updates more often and make more noise about it, their competition do this and get a lot more attention as a result.

This only "marketing" going on is from the so called "blue trolls", who seem to be very effective at driving people towards the competition.

:yell:
  • »01.08.05 - 11:20
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    alfie
    I think we must split the problem in two:

1. Our dreams (users and devs) are gone, because of lack of money and market. There is nothing to do about that.

2. Communications and support: there is a lot to do in this field, apart from some very nice for personal attitude person. MorphOS developement is really hard to enter into for beginners, where here "beginners" stands for "last minute morphers", not "programming ones". People don't start any kind of new project - that is the reason of so many ports - for the simple reason they don't even know if it was already done, and done in a better way because of who did it had some more stuff and info. That is very frustrating and the frustration grows up when it is explicited in clear terms anywhere.

alfie
  • »01.08.05 - 11:28
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    SoundSquare
    @alfie

word !
  • »01.08.05 - 11:41
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    bbrv
    Hi Paul/AciII,

Oops, we missed that. :-) Nevertheless, as far as the Alchemy PCI card is concerned, this is a PCI card which has Mac OS X drivers. Unfortunately, the only machine you can buy from Apple that allows you to use this card is the dual-G5 PowerMac (and a US posibility only/Canada?). Given 90% of Apple's current offering doesn't allow for any PCI cards, we believe our PCI based DUAL TV tuner solution inside a computer *and* with a price that is very competitive with the Mini, is not something Apple can easily copy from us. As far as the EyeTV products go, yes, you can attach the non-HDTV single tuner variant to a Mini. Design-wise we feel our computer in a custom build Home Theater Case with internal (dual) TV-tuner looks nicer than a Mac Mini with its powersupply and an external TV tuner device strapped to it. :-D

R&B :-)
  • »01.08.05 - 12:01
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    Quote:

bbrv wrote:
    Hi Paul/AciII,

Oops, we missed that. :-) Nevertheless, as far as the Alchemy PCI card is concerned, this is a PCI card which has Mac OS X drivers. Unfortunately, the only machine you can buy from Apple that allows you to use this card is the dual-G5 PowerMac (and a US posibility only/Canada?). Given 90% of Apple's current offering doesn't allow for any PCI cards, we believe our PCI based DUAL TV tuner solution inside a computer *and* with a price that is very competitive with the Mini, is not something Apple can easily copy from us. As far as the EyeTV products go, yes, you can attach the non-HDTV single tuner variant to a Mini. Design-wise we feel our computer in a custom build Home Theater Case with internal (dual) TV-tuner looks nicer than a Mac Mini with its powersupply and an external TV tuner device strapped to it. :-D

R&B :-)

Like I mentioned in the post, yours isnt bad but you need to get all the facts out. The Alchemy will work in any PCI Mac not just a G5 system. That goes all the way back to the G3 blue and white systems. BUT for the price point you are at you are 100% correct. Nothing can touch you on the Macs. Its several hundred more to get setup.

[ Edited by Acill on 2005/8/1 3:50 ]
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCI-X (Registration #1894)
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCIE (Registration #6130)
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    Need Repairs, upgrades or a recap in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »01.08.05 - 12:49
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    ironfist
    TMHG:

This site is the greatest, for the very reasons you describe! :-)

*Caugh* Peg *Caugh* Org *Caugh*

;)
  • »01.08.05 - 16:45
    Profile Visit Website
  • HAK
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Hi Raquel and Bill,

First of all thank you for the 2nd upgrade programm which gave lazy guys like me (who where to slow/lazy at the first upgrade) another chance.

Another thank you for your nice email you sent me this weekend - sorry I didn't answer sooner, but I visited relatives (that's something which comes even before my computer addiction).

Concerning my newest PegII, I only had time to do a quick check w/o gfx-card (as I have no spare one ATM) using a nullmodem-cable with my "Master-Peg". According to the output everything seems ok (except for the cpu-fan which seem to have died during transportation (could also have been damaged when the austrian custom opened the parcel to check whether the import of hi-tech-products are allowed - typically Austria) - just a minor annoyance).

Anyway, I'm happy my old PegI arrived save and will be used for a good cause.

Thanks again and hopefully I'll see more succes of you in the future.

Bye HAK
  • »01.08.05 - 23:55