• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    DJBase
    Quote:

I would like to point out that despite the fact that Genesi is not involved in funding directly the MorphOS development ATM there is a team of volunteers working non stop on new MorphOS releases.

I don't feel that anyone is working on MorphOS at all.

Quote:

I also would like to know what you are missing so much ATM that would eventualy cause you to leave the platform.

While I appreciate very much new OS releases my biggest problem so far is not the OS (everything I need is there) but the lack of some applications (particularly a good web browser).

What about the stuff they showed us already since 2 years (3D drivers for Radeon, TCP/IP stack, AltiVec, [put in what I have forgot],...and still missing bug fixes and more improvements, Ambient is still ages behind)? There is a bunch of software in the pipeline only waiting for the next Release. Its really frustrating to sit on MorphOS 1.4.x since 2 years and have the feeling that it doesnt really goes ahead. MorphOS is my main system (I dont have a PC or Mac) and I am not interested in Linux.
    Mac mini, PowerPC G4 1.5 GHz, ATI Radeon 9200 64 MB, 1 GB RAM, 80 GB HDD, MorphOS 3.18
    PowerBook, PowerPC G4 1.67 GHz, ATI Radeon 9700 128 MB, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB mSATA HDD, MorphOS 3.18
  • »30.07.05 - 19:00
    Profile Visit Website