• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    KennyR
    Quote:

Raf_MegaByte wrote:
    So then no MorphOS developers interested in bugfixing DirOpus?

Are you all too busy in make Ambient a windows manager interface better of Directory Opus?

Well my thoughts are: "the more windows managers for MorphOS, the merrier!"...

You know, you can't simply rely on official interface only... ;-)

Dir Opus is the most underrated piece of software ever. It was underrated on AmigaOS when people couldn't get past DOpus4 or its ugly topaz out-of-the-box setup, it's underrated on Windows now in a world where people don't care about file handling. It's always had its fans who have understood its sheer power but never enough it seems. If the icon issue and the WB replacement problems were fixed, DOpus5 would be a much, much better desktop than Ambient. I'm guessing that the devs who have the skill and the time just never got into it, just like the majority of the poor ignorant masses.

(Itix never liked it much. I tried to beat the love of DOpus into him in #amigazeux, but I never could get it through. I should have tried something heavier.)

Ironically, the only people who had any respect for the power of DOpus 5 were the same people who tried to keep it out of the hands of the rest of the Amiga community by constantly offering Greg Perry a contract they had no intention of meeting. Lucky for us, Perry was a better man and just opened the source so we could all have it. Unluckily for us, we've met his magnanimousness by just trying to pretend DOpus5 never existed and that Ambient was ever worthy to kiss its boots.... :)

[ Edited by KennyR 06.09.2015 - 19:36 ]
  • »06.09.15 - 18:47