14 Feb

Good to be back to using it.

:-)
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »15.02.17 - 09:27
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    Not sure where all the numbers from #3511 to #3521 ended up... and I see more gaps...
    Anyway, if I can trust that #3522 is actually the last number, then I'm:

-#3523 - Finally switched to MOS 3.9 from the old 1.4.5 for my PegII

-#3524 - Bought second licence for an used PowerMac dual G5 which arrived few days ago and seems working great, crossing my fingers (but I prefer to still keep my Peg working and fully functional, so in emergency I still have it)

...if not, please feel free to correct my #s
  • »14.03.17 - 19:07
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    asrael22
    That's weird. I just got #3550 for an 14" iBook G4 on 2nd March.

Manfred
  • »14.03.17 - 19:18
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    koszer
    @Barren:

Your reg number is somewhere at the end of the PayPal link you got when registering.
  • »14.03.17 - 19:55
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

koszer wrote:
    @Barren:

Your reg number is somewhere at the end of the PayPal link you got when registering.

I think that many users fail to notice, or remember the number they get via email in the PayPal link, as they expect a registration number to arrive with the actual keyfile, instead of what the community has been doing, by keeping track of the number placed on registration confirmation emails, with the request for payment. I know that I have deleted those emails immediately after making the PayPal payment, and forgot to notice what my registration number is, on more than one occasion.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »15.03.17 - 01:09
  • Just looking around
    Gerbinist
    24/07/2015
  • »15.03.17 - 16:15
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    Ok sorry... I was invited to add myself to this thread but I was explained only later which my registration # actually was and where to find it ! Luckily I could still find my registering mail in the .recycled dir (yeah, I trashed those mails once the transaction was completed)

So, my Peg registration number of some months ago I can't tell, cos too much time has passed,
    while my Mac registration number of some days ago is 3561
  • »15.03.17 - 21:36
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    discreetfx
    Hopefully MorphOS breaks the 4000 user or higher registration benchmark soon. 10,000 registrations would be very nice to see. Ma
    DiscreetFX
    Making your
    Digital Films
    More Effective!
  • »15.03.17 - 22:27
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > Hopefully MorphOS breaks the 4000 user or higher registration benchmark soon.

There's no way we can know the number of users. Not even the MorphOS team can.
  • »15.03.17 - 22:37
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Jeckel
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    There's no way we can know the number of users. Not even the MorphOS team can.

Sure.
    I own 3 licenses (Pegasos 2, Efika, PowerBook) and I am a single user.
    I guess I'm not the only one.
  • »16.03.17 - 08:23
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    >> There's no way we can know the number of users. Not even the MorphOS team can.

> Sure. I own 3 licenses (Pegasos 2, Efika, PowerBook) and I am a single user.
    > I guess I'm not the only one.

I don't understand. Are you trying to say we get the definite number of current MorphOS users simply by dividing the number of licenses by 3? (Btw, I own 1 license and I am a single user, too. And I guess I'm not the only one, too.)
  • »16.03.17 - 10:23
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Jeckel
    I just tell that I agree with you and that this counter has no relation with the users.

Some users have several licenses, some licenses are not used anymore... no way to know actually.

All we can say is that the user base is (very) small. :)
  • »16.03.17 - 10:38
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

Jeckel wrote:
    All we can say is that the user base is (very) small. :)

But sells surprisingly well, IMHO :) I think daily sales (I think majority of these numbers are actually sales) for anything Amiga related is a good achievement, and it's been steadily like that all the years.
  • »16.03.17 - 11:26
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    >>>> There's no way we can know the number of users. Not even the MorphOS team can.

>>> Sure. I own 3 licenses (Pegasos 2, Efika, PowerBook) and I am a single user.
    >>> I guess I'm not the only one.

>> I don't understand.

> I just tell that I agree with you and that this counter has no relation with the users.

Ah okay. Sorry for misreading. I thought you meant "sure" as "sure we can".
  • »16.03.17 - 11:47
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    >>>> There's no way we can know the number of users. Not even the MorphOS team can.

>>> Sure. I own 3 licenses (Pegasos 2, Efika, PowerBook) and I am a single user.

>> I don't understand.

> I just tell that I agree with you and that this counter has no relation with the users.

I don't really want to argue this topic, because I don't care how many exact users we have, but, I do believe that if the MorphOS Dev. Team wanted to know (maybe they already do this), they could keep a database of individual registered users, and list which compatible computers they have registered. The only inaccuracies that I can think of happening from this imagined database would be from MorphOS computers that stop working, or stop being used to run MorphOS, and the owners fail to ask for a replacement registration for another compatible computer, and for the few registered MorphOS computers that are sold to different users, who do not request that the name on the registration be changed, but continue to run MorphOS on such systems.

Over all, I think the MorphOS Dev. Team could, or already does, know approximately how many MorphOS users there are, if they care to know.
  • »17.03.17 - 01:33
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    OlafSch
    here is a statement from geit about the value of the counter:

https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?forum=14&topic_id=5875&viewmode=flat&sortorder=0&start=375

[ Editiert durch OlafSch 17.03.2017 - 14:18 ]
  • »17.03.17 - 15:16
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

OlafSch wrote:
    here is a statement from geit about the value of the counter:

https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?forum=14&topic_id=5875&viewmode=flat&sortorder=0&start=375

[ Editiert durch OlafSch 17.03.2017 - 14:18 ]

That statement from geit confirms that the number the community is using to track the number of MorphOS registrations, has little to do with the actual number of active MorphOS computers in use, or the number of actual MorphOS users, but it does not confirm or deny that the MorphOS Dev. Team uses any other means to keep track of how many users there are, or which users are using which hardware.

As I said, I no longer care to know exactly how many MorphOS users there are in our community (though, out of curiosity, of course I would like to know the number). My last message was just to point out that the MorphOS Dev. Team "Could" know the number of users, "IF" they wanted to track that number, using the method I described, or some other method, and that such method would be fairly accurate. Most, or maybe ALL MorphOS Dev. Team members, probably don't care to know exactly how many MorphOS users there are, but they might know a pretty good estimated number, if any of them have discussed the topic, with, or without even trying to track such number.
  • »17.03.17 - 17:10
  • Just looking around
    Tom4hawk
    Hi!

After years of lurking (few years ago I've even had MacMini from polish initiative "Wypozyczanka/wedrowniczek" and wrote blog post about that) I've finally decided to buy appropriate hardware and system ;)
    Hopefully it won't take another 5 years to download SDK and write some software...

3584, I received my e-mail at exactly 00:00, 31 March 2017
    Powerbook5.5
    PowerBook5.5 G4 1500MHz|1.5GB DDR2|Radeon 9700 64MB|80GB Spinning Rust|MorphOS 3.9
  • »31.03.17 - 00:56
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    In_Correct
    Quote:

amigadave wrote:
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:

>> I don't understand.

I don't really want to argue this topic, because I don't care how many exact users we have, but, I do believe that if the MorphOS Dev. Team wanted to know (maybe they already do this), they could keep a database of individual registered users, and list which compatible computers they have registered. The only inaccuracies that I can think of happening from this imagined database would be from MorphOS computers that stop working, or stop being used to run MorphOS, and the owners fail to ask for a replacement registration for another compatible computer, and for the few registered MorphOS computers that are sold to different users, who do not request that the name on the registration be changed, but continue to run MorphOS on such systems.

Over all, I think the MorphOS Dev. Team could, or already does, know approximately how many MorphOS users there are, if they care to know.

How is this done?
    :-) I Support Quark Microkernel. :-D
  • »31.03.17 - 05:37
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    >> request that the name on the registration be changed

> How is this done?

Use RegTool with your new data on the already registered machine.
  • »31.03.17 - 09:42
  • Just looking around
    jarokuczi
    Hi and welcome all comunity members,

My registration number is 3613 on iBook G4.
  • »04.05.17 - 17:21
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

jarokuczi wrote:
    Hi and welcome all comunity members,

Welcome to the MorphOS community jarokuczi (if this is your first MorphOS compatible computer) and welcome to MorphZone (after seeing this was your 1st post to these forums).
  • »08.05.17 - 23:07
  • Just looking around
    jarokuczi
    Quote:

amigadave wrote:

Welcome to the MorphOS community jarokuczi (if this is your first MorphOS compatible computer) and welcome to MorphZone (after seeing this was your 1st post to these forums).

Hi,
    This is my first MorphOS compatibile computer. I also have PowerMac G5. I registered it on iBook becouse i am using it more often.
  • »09.05.17 - 05:36
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    koszer
    Quote:

jarokuczi wrote:

On which day did you register?
  • »09.05.17 - 21:03