MorphOS counter.
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

Acill wrote:
    Lucky you Dave. When Steve (JKD) and I went to Amiwest to show off the Pegasos 2 and MOS 1.4 it cost us money, great deal for the MOS team and Genese. I know for a fact that us being there sold no less then 6 boards. And to make it even better on us we got shoved in the back away from everything, didnt get our demos scheduled like we should have, and didnt even get one single banner for our stands! AWESOME!!!

One reason I still dont like to go to that show now.

[ Edited by Acill on 2009/10/23 13:08 ]

The trip to AmiWest 2009 cost me plenty! $75 for the table rent, plus money to rent a U-Haul trailer to fit all the Amiga gear up there and back, more money to purchase one or two of the prizes for the Game Competition and one or two of the other prizes were donated by me from my own personal collection of Amiga gear, plus gas to get there, plus hotel room, plus banquet ticket and other meals and drinks.

I am not complaining, in fact, I was able to cut my costs by 2/3rds as Tim and Chris went with me and paid their third each for the gas and hotel room. I think I almost broke even by selling a few items while at the show, but then spent some of it again at the SACC and AmigaKit booths.

Acill, you should really start making plans to come with us next year. We always have a good time during the trip and while we are up at the AmiWest Show. There are still some at the show that think their OS is the best, but I have had no problems or disrespect aimed toward my MorphOS presentations, or displays and everyone has been very friendly and fun to be around. I prefer MorphOS and think that it will continue to be the best Amiga-Like OS in the future, but I also respect the work Hyperion and company has done and welcome the competition, as I think it makes each side better, when they are competing (in a friendly way) with each other to make the best OS they can. So, I am glad that AmigaOS4.x exists and that Hyperion was successful in obtaining the rights to continue developing it on any platform they wish in the future. I want them to succeed and if they surpass MorphOS at some time in the future, I have no problem switching to using their OS instead of MorphOS. This in not a religion for me, it is a way of computing that I enjoy better than Windows, OSX, or Linux, so I choose to see the split of the community as a positive diversification, instead of a weakening of a small niche market.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »24.10.09 - 09:26
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    tokai
    If you've paid German VAT and are not from Germany you can get that VAT back from the German tax office (AFAIR it was the tax office, not 100% sure). It's just filling out a formular and sending that in with a copy of your invoice which states the German VAT you paid.

The main problem was that there is a minimum limit for that (which was 50 EUR if I recall correctly). So you would need to buy at least 3 copies of MorphOS to come over the limit. The VAT part of the MorphOS price is approx 24 EUR.
  • »24.10.09 - 12:15
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    Quote:

tokai wrote:
    If you've paid German VAT and are not from Germany you can get that VAT back from the German tax office (AFAIR it was the tax office, not 100% sure). It's just filling out a formular and sending that in with a copy of your invoice which states the German VAT you paid.

The main problem was that there is a minimum limit for that (which was 50 EUR if I recall correctly). So you would need to buy at least 3 copies of MorphOS to come over the limit. The VAT part of the MorphOS price is approx 24 EUR.

Doesnt help much, but not having to pay it would be a bit of a nice savings.
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCI-X (Registration #1894)
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCIE (Registration #6130)
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    Need Repairs, upgrades or a recap in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »24.10.09 - 15:10
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Velcro_SP
    |||

[ Edited by Velcro_SP 28.05.2011 - 07:23 ]
    Pegasos2 G3, 512 megs RAM
  • »24.10.09 - 15:50
    stephen_robinson
    My third (!) registraton 12 October 2009 was 583.
  • »24.10.09 - 16:27
    Simon
    In Belgium we are alowed to sell something outside the EU without the VAT. We just have to mention a certain phrase on the invoice.

It is also possible the other way... claim it back after you have payed the full amount at the BElgian taxoffice. But it's not worth the effort for 20 ?.
    Proud member of the Belgian Amiga Club since 2003

• »25.10.09 - 11:24
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

stephen_robinson wrote:
    My third (!) registraton 12 October 2009 was 583.

I don't know how you guys get your invoice with the registration numbers back so fast. I have not received mine and I checked on my EFIKA registration invoice and notice that it took 3 months after I purchased to get the email invoice with the registration number on it in my IN box.
  • »26.10.09 - 00:45
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    @ amigadave

for getting the number of your registration you don't need the invoice. The number is within the link to finish the payment in the 2nd mail from the team. The invoice of my first registration came several month after the actual payment. And I haven't received an invoice for the second registration and don't expect it soon (I don't need the invoice anyway...).
    --
    http://via.bckrs.de

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
    ...and Matthias , my friend - RIP
  • »26.10.09 - 01:08
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    found it, 619
  • »26.10.09 - 08:37
    stephen_robinson
    Who's got registration number 1?
  • »26.10.09 - 20:52
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    amigagr
    Invoice ID: 136 8-)
    pegasos2

[ Edited by amigagr on 2009/10/27 1:56 ]
    A3040/25 AmigaOS 3.9
    A1260BPPC AmigaOS 3.9/4.0
    Sam440ep AmigaOS 4.1.2
    PegasosII/G3 AmigaOS 4.1.2/Morphos 2.6/DEBIAN 5.0.4/SUSE 11.1
    MacMini/1.5 MorphOS 2.6/OSX 10.5.8

If i am going to have bugs on my system,
    at least let me keep the latest version
  • »26.10.09 - 22:55
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

Velcro_SP wrote:

Too cool that you did it, AmigaDave. Is there a writeup somewhere of your games competition and who won? How did MorphOS 2.4 on Mac mini do, win many fans? And did you see any LimePC (I read at Amigans.net that one was there) and what did you think of that?

Hi Velcro, I almost missed this post with your question, so sorry for the late reply. I don't know if there is a write up of the game competition in any of the reports of the AmiWest 2009 Show. There were prizes for the top three scores and a T-Shirt prize for the lowest score too. I did not keep a copy of the prize winners, but Bill Bosari was the first place winner and Chris Chapman was the last place T-Shirt winner. I had received donations of prizes from AmiKit, Red's Retro Computing, and DiscreetFX, plus I added a few Amiga hardware items from my own collection and at the last minute, Bill Bosari handed me several T-Shirts he had gotten from the guest speaker at the show, the guy from the Vintage Computer Museum.

The release of MOS2.4 just a few days before the AmiWest 2009 Show threw me for a loop as I spent so much time getting it installed the way I wanted it, so I could dual boot to MOS2.4, or to MacOSX Tiger, plus installing a few MOS programs and games ate up so much time I was rushed at the end and did not get some of the game competition preparations finished and had to do last minute stuff after I arrived at the AmiWest Show. Then, at 10pm on Saturday night I got a call just as I got to my hotel room for the night saying that I needed to come back down to move all our gear to another room because the hotel had double-booked the room the AmiWest Show was in. It took us almost 2 hours to move everything and reroute the ethernet wiring so there would be access the next day. Everything was moved, but it was not setup, so the next morning, after I got up early to do a conference call with the Amiga Roundtable #43 guys during the recording of their podcast, I hurried to the show floor to put all the Amiga Game Competition computers back together and setup, tested again and ready for the competition to start. We had 5 computers set up to use, all a different type of Amiga experience, but I was having trouble with choosing which game to use on the Classic Amiga game station, which was my A600 w/hard drive installed and 2.05 KS ROMs. I had forgotten how many of the type of arcade games that I was trying to run would only run on KS 1.3 and below, so we were limited to very few games to run on that station. We ended up choosing Lemmings and decided to just have each contestant run through one level and record their time to use as the score from that station. The competition had each contestant move from one station to the next as we recorded their scores at each station then totaled them at the end and presented the winners with their prizes. It was fun, but next year I promise I will be better prepared and it will be even more fun for everyone. This year we ended up dropping the Lemmings station, as we were running from floppy disks and it took too long to reload the game each time and get it to the right level we wanted to use. I might take my A500 or A1000 next year to use as the Classic Amiga as they have ROM switchers installed in them and I can run KS 1.3 games. Next year I will also have better games running on the MorphOS game station, and I will spend more time testing each game to make sure I know how each one works and which part of the game we will use for the competition.

It is a lot of work to organize and set up all the computer stations, plus the effort to acquire the prizes, but it was worth every minute of it and I look forward to going to the show again next year. The SACC guys have promised that it will be in a better hotel next year, as the one they have been using for the last several has changed owners and gone downhill rapidly the last few years. The hotel manager that used to be there has moved to another new hotel just down the road and has already contacted the SACC group about moving the show. There was even some discussion about moving the AmiWest Show to a popular convention location, like Reno, Nevada. I don't know if that is possible from a cost perspective, or if enough of the SACC members will agree on such a move. Would that location appeal to any of the members here? Would it make anyone here change their mind about attending next year's AmiWest 2010 Show? The distance from my house to Reno is not too much farther than I already drive to the show when it is in Sacramento, so the distance does not matter to me, but there is a lot more entertainment opportunities in Reno than there is in Sacramento, so it would be a more attractive location to have the show for people coming a long distance, as they could combine it with a vacation plan and see other parts of Reno and the surrounding areas, like Lake Tahoe, so the travel costs would be more worthwhile, if used for the AmiWest Show and other entertainment plans.
  • »26.10.09 - 22:57
  • Just looking around
    Trezzer
    Invoice ID 656 for me.
    Mac Mini 1,25GHz G4 512 MB RAM 40 GB HD - running MorphOS 3.0
    Powerbook A1138 1 GB RAM 80 GB HD running MorphOS 3.2
  • »30.10.09 - 12:08
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Debaser
    Even the flu couldn't stand in the way of me registering 2.4 on my mini... :)

661 for me this morning!
  • »31.10.09 - 15:14
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    pampers
    Quote:

661 for me this morning!

That's great! I registered my MorphOS 2.4 on the date when it was released and had about 580 number. That means almost 100 new registrations within not even one month!
    MorphOS 3.x
  • »31.10.09 - 15:58
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Debaser
    Quote:

pampers wrote:
    Quote:

661 for me this morning!

That's great! I registered my MorphOS 2.4 on the date when it was released and had about 580 number. That means almost 100 new registrations within not even one month!

Fantastic - I just got my keyfile within about 4 hours or so.
  • »31.10.09 - 18:38
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    Quote:

pampers wrote:
    Quote:

661 for me this morning!

Who's going to have 666?
    --
    http://via.bckrs.de

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
    ...and Matthias , my friend - RIP
  • »31.10.09 - 22:09
    Profile Visit Website
    stephen_robinson
    I wonder how many of Mac Mini registrations are MorphOS users 'upgrading' to Mac minis from their Pegs/Efika and how many are new Mac users trying out MorphOS for the first time?

Just a rhetorical question, I suppose.
  • »31.10.09 - 22:19
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    DiskDoctor
    My number is 671.

Registration on Thursday, payment on Friday, keyfile on Saturday.
    Was: Mac Mini PPC running MorphOS 2.4
    Now: Amiga Forever 2010 with AmiKit and AmigaSYS
    Not used: Icaros Desktop 1.2 (reason: no wifi)
    Planned soon: an OS4 system
    Shortly then: a MOS notebook (wifi is a must-have)
  • »08.11.09 - 12:53
  • A3K
  • Just looking around
    A3K
    #683. Reg + Payment yesterday evening, keyfile this morning. Thanks :)
    MorphOS 2.4 on Mac Mini G4, 1.5GHz, 1/80GB :-)
    AmigaOS 3.9 on A3000D-060/128MB/2GB/PicII+/X-Surf :-)
    MacOS X 10.6/WinXP+AmigaForever on iMac 24" Gen.5, C2D 2.8GHz/4/500GB/8800GS :-)
    WinXP on Lenovo T61 for work :-(
  • »11.11.09 - 16:51
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Ruud
    My latest reg is 677 that was from sunday (I think) so getting upto 683 since then is good :-)
    That is presuming everyone actually goes through with the payment...
    "We live, we die, we laugh, we cry"
  • »11.11.09 - 18:57
    osco
    12/26/2009 #728 :-x
    Mac Mini 1.5GHz, 1G, 250G Drive, Apple Cinema Display, MorphOS 3.1 registered, MacOS 10 PowerBook (5,8) 1.67Hz, 2G, 80G Drive,........Waiting
    PowerBook (5,8) 1.67Hz, 2G, 40G MorphOS 3.1 unregisterd
  • »26.12.09 - 19:39
    stephen_robinson
    Is that all that is?
    :pint:
    If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
    Let's break out the booze and have a ball, If that's all there is
    :bloons: :oops: :pint:
  • »26.12.09 - 21:12
    Stevo
    Pft, thats 728 2.x users and at least 100.000 1.x users ;-)
    ---
    http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/logs/its_only_football.txt
  • »26.12.09 - 21:16
    boot_wb
    #731 here.

Just registered today, I eagerly await my keyfile :-)

Thanks guys, I am looking forward to having non-time-limited MorphOS on my Mac mini.

Rich
    www.hullchimneyservices.co.uk

UI: Powerbook 5,6 (1.67GHz, 128MB VRam): OS3.1, OSX 10.5.8
    HTPC: Mac Mini G4 (1,5GHz, 64MB VRam): OS3.1 (ZVNC)
    Audiophile: Efika 5200b (SB Audigy): OS3.1 (VNC + Virtual Monitor)

Windows free since 2011!
  • »28.12.09 - 21:15
    Profile Visit Website