• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

Acill wrote:
    Lucky you Dave. When Steve (JKD) and I went to Amiwest to show off the Pegasos 2 and MOS 1.4 it cost us money, great deal for the MOS team and Genese. I know for a fact that us being there sold no less then 6 boards. And to make it even better on us we got shoved in the back away from everything, didnt get our demos scheduled like we should have, and didnt even get one single banner for our stands! AWESOME!!!

One reason I still dont like to go to that show now.

[ Edited by Acill on 2009/10/23 13:08 ]

The trip to AmiWest 2009 cost me plenty! $75 for the table rent, plus money to rent a U-Haul trailer to fit all the Amiga gear up there and back, more money to purchase one or two of the prizes for the Game Competition and one or two of the other prizes were donated by me from my own personal collection of Amiga gear, plus gas to get there, plus hotel room, plus banquet ticket and other meals and drinks.

I am not complaining, in fact, I was able to cut my costs by 2/3rds as Tim and Chris went with me and paid their third each for the gas and hotel room. I think I almost broke even by selling a few items while at the show, but then spent some of it again at the SACC and AmigaKit booths.

Acill, you should really start making plans to come with us next year. We always have a good time during the trip and while we are up at the AmiWest Show. There are still some at the show that think their OS is the best, but I have had no problems or disrespect aimed toward my MorphOS presentations, or displays and everyone has been very friendly and fun to be around. I prefer MorphOS and think that it will continue to be the best Amiga-Like OS in the future, but I also respect the work Hyperion and company has done and welcome the competition, as I think it makes each side better, when they are competing (in a friendly way) with each other to make the best OS they can. So, I am glad that AmigaOS4.x exists and that Hyperion was successful in obtaining the rights to continue developing it on any platform they wish in the future. I want them to succeed and if they surpass MorphOS at some time in the future, I have no problem switching to using their OS instead of MorphOS. This in not a religion for me, it is a way of computing that I enjoy better than Windows, OSX, or Linux, so I choose to see the split of the community as a positive diversification, instead of a weakening of a small niche market.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »24.10.09 - 09:26