• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Yasu
    @Jim

MorphOS will still be there for those who wants Amiga compatability. But the PPC market is almost dead, and it will be surely dead within a couple of years. So MorphOS 3.x would then be like the classic Amiga: it will still be there as long as the hardware works.

But I also think a lot of NG users have a different view of what they want to do with their Amigas. Classic owners wants to play with "the real thing" and use WB 3.1 software. A lot of NG users however wants a modern Amiga-like OS that can compete with other modern OS:es. In the mid 90's PPC seemed to be the future. Sadly, it wasn't. So I think (I also speak from a personal view) plenty enough NG users are prepared to ditch Amiga compatability and let MorphOS (or AOS4 and AROS for that matter) stand on it's own legs. And that would enable the next OS to have all those things we can't have because of compatability with classic Amiga. Like SMP and multicores. And more importantly: new, cheap hardware!

I simply want to be able to live without Windows, MacOS and Linux also in the future. I want an Amiga like system. And it's because it's a much much better user experience!

I hereby pledge to buy the next MorphOS system without Amiga compatability. Provided that it's not based on dead end hardware or cost 500$.
    AMIGA FORUM - Hela Sveriges Amigatidning!
    AMIGA FORUM - Sweden's Amiga Magazine!

My MorphOS blog
  • »20.07.13 - 16:53
    Profile Visit Website