• Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    mike-
    Quote:

Phantom wrote:
    This is the biggest mistake in the Amiga industry.

Sorry to hear that, but to launch AmigaOS 4.0 on Classic PPC Amigas (PPC? What and where I can find any?) is a bad act, or you can say, it's a move for those that already have a PPC board, the others can go to ****....

Yes, that's true. You give to people AmigaOS 4.0 for their machine, but where are the PPC boards? To find one nowadays, is like trying to find and look Mars through binoculars!!!

So for me, and many other people, we can stuck with 3.9 you will say. It's quite fair, don't you think?

And why to buy A Sam440ep for this tremendous price? Over a 500 euros for this very-limited board? To run what? AmigaOS 4.0? Hahaha... that's ridiculous.

Yesterday I checked the prices of Amiga hardware on an Amiga Format magazine (10 years ago), they are almost the same as they are now. That's also crazy.

That's only my opinion, but I think that Amiga is not for everyone. And that's why I am very sad about what is happening.

Well i think the hardware has now ( i think ) become more expensive then it was.

Actually think i saw some PPC cards in the in the vicinity of beetlejuice just the other day.

But getting the OS out there is one thing, i mean, atleast people can crack hack patch the shit out of it to get it running on, well any ppc hardware now, and we can only hyperion has made this easy. Because if else, it wont sell very well will it.

The sam440ep, currently doing 800 mips on crux ppc, 1100 less then my duron 900 mhz box... ( which has sustained alteast one hit from lightning trough the years )
    The price might go down as they get a few orders, i hope.
  • »16.11.07 - 14:25
    Profile Visit Website