• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    >> I can't answer for MorphOS users who paid cash for their MorphOS
    >> registration in person to a MorphOS Dev. Team member, at some event.

> Handling is the same as for paying via paypal.

Thanks for confirming what I've been suspecting.

> this value says nothing about the number of licences

I think it determines an upper limit for the current value, as the latter must be below the value that is discussed in this thread.

> because you need to subtract beta and other keys made for free.

Keyfiles issued for free (for whatever reason) are valid keyfiles nonetheless, so I don't think they should be subtracted when talking about the amount of existing licenses (i.e. existing licensed machines).

> Also keys get purged and reregistered.

By that, I guess you mean the process of "transferring" a keyfile from a broken machine to another machine, correct?
    So we now know for sure that the value getting reported in this thread incorporates any of the following groups:

1. users paying via PayPal
    2. users paying cash at events
    3. users having their paid keyfile transferred from a broken machine to another machine for free
    4. developers/betatesters receiving free keyfiles
    5. people attempting to register but then for whatever reason not making the final step to perform the actual payment

> The number of users makes this value even lower

Errm, the number of users cannot in any way make the number of licenses any lower. What's true though is that the number of users is lower than the number of valid licenses, which in turn is again lower than the value getting reported in this thread (due to above-mentioned groups #3 and #5).
  • »24.07.12 - 13:22