• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Thanks for all the links and advice about self teaching resources, but if that would have worked, I would already be an experienced programmer by now.

My hope was to find 1 to 3 experienced AmigaOS/MorphOS/AROS programmers who would be interested in spending a small amount of their spare time teaching programming to a few interested students who are willing to donate money for the time spent by the teacher(s).

Learning from someone who has already been down this path would be infinitely more productive than trying to learn without any guidance, or positive reinforcement and correction, if/when I start going off in the wrong direction.

I was thinking of a very small time commitment from the teacher(s), perhaps only 1 to 2 hours a week on their part to prepare a few examples, give advice on what materials to study next, and answer some specific questions either through email, or via IRC session for 30 minutes each week.

I can understand that such a plan may not be appealing to any experienced programmers, as they probably have more important, or more enjoyable ways of spending some of their spare time to make a few extra dollars, but it was worth my effort to ask the question and try to find one or more experienced programmers and find out that no one is interested in participating, than not trying and just wondering if it might have been possible to find one or more teacher who would say yes.

[ Edited by amigadave 07.08.2013 - 10:02 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »07.08.13 - 18:01