• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    ChrisH
    @Piru
    My test doesn't always notice the problem, since it depends on how the memory is allocated. And in fact running the test now doesn't give a positive result for me either, so you are probably just unlucky. Andreas_Wolf also saw the problem, so I think it is real. Perhaps I should have loaded the picture several times, to "guarantee" it spotted the problem.

However, PictureAlbum always crashes for me when viewing a few 8-bit pictures, so you can try that as well.

I had to download Wipeout. It didn't report a problem for me either (while my test was not reporting a problem anyway), but I wouldn't necessarily have expected to: All that seems to happen is that the picture datatype system decrements a value in a memory block it doesn't own (any longer?), while WipeOut checks something different (allocations & deallocations).

My Efika is almost a totally clean MorphOS v2.7 install, so I doubt a third party component is to blame. But I will try booting off USB when I get the chance (no CD drive).

[ Edited by ChrisH 22.10.2011 - 15:45 ]
    Author of the PortablE programming language.
    It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue...
  • »22.10.11 - 15:44
    Profile Visit Website