• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    ChrisH
    I thought the crash went away 'by itself' (or else I didn't test it right), but then it came back :-( . The crash is present in the latest preview of PictureAlbum, at least when I run it on MorphOS v2.7 on my Efika.

I've now been able to PROVE that the crash is down to very specific corruption of my program's memory, when I perform DisposeDTObject() on a suitable datatype object. The corruption is actually a value in my own memory (which happens to be a pointer) getting decremented by one!

If I check the value of the location before & after DisposeDTObject(), then I see it reduced by one. And if I add a dummy object member before the one that gets corrupted, then my program doesn't crash. I think this conclusively proves that the corruption is not caused by my program's code, but rather by DisposeDTObject().

I guess I need to report this bug, but making a simple test case would be rather hard. Can anyone else confirm that PictureAlbum crashes for them when they view pictures with <= 256 colours?

EDIT: It will probably help (show the crash) if you reset your machine BEFORE testing PictureAlbum.

[ Edited by ChrisH 20.10.2011 - 17:43 ]
    Author of the PortablE programming language.
    It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue...
  • »20.10.11 - 17:11
    Profile Visit Website