• MorphOS Developer
    itix
    Quote:

Not on AROS. There the C library generates a libbase for each process. If the C library is opened from different places in the same Process they will share the same standard file handles. So if your program opens C library and regina.library opens it they will share the file handles. regina.library itself has a per opener libbase.

I didnt mean the C library but regina.library itself. From your explanation I got impression regina.library was single threaded.

Quote:

The disadvantage for the C library is that it is more difficult to support threads as the C library will normally not share info between two Tasks. There are solutions but they are not currently implemented in AROS so we get remarks as some programs - like YAM - seem to depend on using C lib functions from different Tasks.

Makes me wonder why they didnt use native API in the first place... but it is not my project.

Quote:

What C libraries are available for MOS ? libnix & ixemul ?

Libnix and ixemul and libnix is of course used for the native software. Libnix is thread safe but to use C I/O you must include constructor/destructor code to your library. The linker will tell you if it is needed (it wont link).

[ Edited by itix 10.04.2011 - 17:02 ]
    1 + 1 = 3 with very large values of 1
  • »10.04.11 - 15:00