• Just looking around
    Jolo
    Quote:

itix:
    In MorphOS you are not allowed to have true low level interrupts.

Ouch, I didn't know that!

Quote:

Regarding your interrupt code, didnt MorphOS have specific TRAP_LIB#? for interrupts? IIRC TRAP_LIB ignores REG_SR.

I've changed it from TRAP_LIBNR to TRAP_LIB and I cleared the virtual Z-flag just in case. The m68k (classic hardware) tailored code didn't return a value and didn't clear the Z-flag; this was only added for MorphOS, due to the missing knowledge on my part.

Quote:

Krashan:
    For regular periods you can use WAITCPUCLOCK unit of the timer.device. Then you will ensure your requests will return in regular periods of time and latency between receiving the returned request and sending a new one is irrelevant. Of course it does not protect you against a case where your process is scheduled out by exec...

Yep, this seem to be the better approach for MorphOS, unfortunately, therewith I break the portability, because currently the caused interrupt code is just the callback routine that gets called from the interrupt server. If I would use a task based WAITCPUCLOCK, I would have to re-design the entire 'server', because it is not a stand-alone program but designed as a shared library, what would mean in this case that I need to add a task for any user of this library.

I guess I keep trying to get the timer device approach working.

Nonetheless, many thanks to clarify things for me.
  • »14.01.11 - 19:15