• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

itix wrote:
    This time the earthquake was near the city centre. I have been reading horror stories how fallen bricks hit people... but rescue is well organized here, just like the whole country.

I am here working at the local paper mill but the nature here is really beautiful. Auckland is too big city for my taste but I love Bay of Plenty area where I am currently. Prices here are normal European level and people are friendly. Summer is not too hot. It is almost +25C every day yet it rarely goes down to +20 or up to +30.

Downside is that NZ is pretty far away from everything. Even just Australia is 1500km away. NZ is not large in area but by a car you wont get far in one day. There arent many cities either. On the otherhand I have been at vulcanoes like Whakaari and caveing in Waikino. Lot of fun stuff to do if you like the nature.

Yes, I agree that living in Aukland would not be my choice if I lived in NZ. My sister lives in Whangaparoa (sp?) and looks out on the bay on one side of her house and if she stands in just the right place on the other side of the house can see the ocean on the other side of the peninsula she lives on. I stayed near there for a few days and then rented a car and drove down to Wellington with several stops along the way. Then we flew back to Aukland where my sister picked us up again for a couple more days before we came home. That was probably the best 10 days I have ever had on any vacation. NZ is the most beautiful country I have ever visited and the people are amazingly friendly. Great Thai restaurant too. I'll go back some day to visit again, or possibly move there permanently. Caving at Wataimo was a blast and I was very proud that my wife did it without hesitation, or complaint.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »23.02.11 - 21:17