• MorphOS Developer
    Krashan
    After some period of uncertainity now ("now" as "for some months") I'm sure that my MorphOS activity is (and will be) pure hobby with no money involved. While you ("you" plural, as all registered users) treat MorphOS as a commercial product (which is obvious), from my point of view it is just a bedroom coding.

Then Reggae being a pure hobbyist project, is not driven by any schedule or business plan, but mood and weather changes. I know it lacks some features, mainly decoders for some popular formats, but not only.

While I cared much in the past that Reggae is used in new applications, now it does not matter for me that much. If one prefers datatypes, no problem.

Said all that, I can assure you, I will keep developing Reggae in the future, adding new features and new formats. But please don't ask me "why don't you create wxyz decoder, it is just a matter of wrapping libwxyz". Sure, but doing wrappers is just plain boring. Hobby should not be boring. New classes will be properly documented and accompanying tutorials and examples will be added to MorphZone Library. It includes a kind of development kit for writing new classes at some point in the future.

And BTW, MPEG Audio decoder/demuxer is finished. It just waits for MorphOS 2.6. It was almost ready for 2.5, but betatesters reported problems with MPEG recognition routine, there were false positive identifications. Then one of users helped me by writing a scanner identifying all files in a dir recursively and ran it over enormous number of files. Then I was able to refine the recognition code. Detecting MPEG streams is not easy as there is no specific header in them. Then release of these classes had to be delayed and they didn't make into 2.5. Current routine has been tested on over half a million of files and seem to be very robust and precise.

[ Edited by Krashan on 2010/8/10 21:20 ]
  • »10.08.10 - 20:13
    Profile Visit Website