FD-files and making use of them
    Kronos
    O.k. so I have some sources I want to port, a rather complete mess including some custom external boopsi-gadgets.

To get things running I want to keep these gadgets 68k for the moment (the work just like libraries so that shouldn't be a problem).

Problem is none of the supplied header files work with MorphOS-gcc, the best I can get is "undefined symbols" during linking.

O.k. so i thought use those fd-files to generate MorphOS-headers.

When I run fd2pragma (assuming thats the right tool) I only get either empty files that just point to another (non-existing) header or some big header that includes #ifdefs for everything back to MaxonC but will do sweet hugging nothing for MorphOS.

Or in short what do I have to do with fd-files ....

[ Edited by Kronos on 2010/3/1 14:59 ]
  • »01.03.10 - 13:54
  • MorphOS Developer
    CISC
    Quote:

When I run fd2pragma (assuming thats the right tool) I only get either empty files that just point to another (non-existing) header or some big header that includes #ifdefs for everything back to MaxonC but will do sweet hugging nothing for MorphOS.

It's not the right tool. ;)

Quote:

Or in short what do I have to do with fd-files ....

Use cvinclude.pl that comes with the SDK, something like this:

cvinclude.pl --fd=fd/foo.fd --proto=proto/foo.h --clib=clib/foo_proto.h --inline=ppcinline/foo.h

..which will autogenerate proto/foo.h and ppcinline/foo.h for you, you will have to provide a clib/foo_proto.h with function prototypes yourself though if you don't already have one.

- CISC

[ Edited by CISC on 2010/3/1 15:17 ]
  • »01.03.10 - 14:16
    Kronos
    After some hacking in those includes it actually worked ...

Don't worry, getting rid of those gagdets/libs is one of the top priorities in that port, I just needed a working point to start :hammer:
  • »01.03.10 - 19:38