ADTools: Are there any MOS coder to join it?
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    DoctorMorbius_FP
    Although I was unable to understand the increasingly high technical details of your long discussion, I was fascinated by it. And now we have what I may call a happy ending for MorphOS community. This thread shows that a friendly MorphOS team member and a programmer that proves to be very competent may reach a higher degree of collaboration with future advantage for all MorphOS programmers and indirectly for all MorphOS users.

My sincere thanks to CISC and munk.

Note 1:
    Now I see that when I sent my welcome to munk, at the beginning of the "Does using DOS/Exit work?" thread, I was not wrong...

Note2:
    Furthermore, the very high number of views collected by this thread suggests that many other people were fascinated by your arguments...

[ Edited by DoctorMorbius_FP on 2006/4/22 0:46 ]
    Powered by PegasosII-G4, MacMini, PowerMac MDD.
  • »22.04.06 - 00:26
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    munk
    Quote:

CISC wrote:
    That's odd, works fine with -O1 here .. tried #undef isdigit?

No, but I am confident that #undef would solve the issue.

Quote:

provided an intermediate "unofficial" update for our SDK until we can ship the new one with AltiVec stuff

The update should be for binutils/gcc? Something more? There is another catch: the "new" utils do not use gg: anymore since it caused more pain then benefits. Using the default prefix (/usr/local/) is more appropriate. Sticking with the defaults is better for native includes as well (/usr/include and /usr/os-include). Then the tools installation prefix doesn't matter.

Quote:

Yeah, obviously it's in asm. ;) I guess some of it could be modified to use gas, I have no clue about pasm...

pasm is a very capable macro assembler for PPC from Frank Wille. I believe it should handle those sources. Recent versions can be used to assemble GCC output.
  • »23.04.06 - 09:45
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Bladerunner
    Quote:

Note2:
    Furthermore, the very high number of views collected by this thread suggests that many other people were fascinated by your arguments...

Absolutley ;) tbh I don`t have a clue whats that all about (ok a vague Idea that it must have something todo with the MOS SDK, but thats it ;) ), but otoh it is very entertaining and interesting in a strange way which probably only geeks, nerds and other "Outsiders" understand. (Anyone remember when the linux kernel source was "aired" through webradio? ;) )

So keep it going CISC and Munk, it is really fascinating :)
  • »23.04.06 - 10:10
  • MorphOS Developer
    CISC
    Quote:

The update should be for binutils/gcc? Something more?

Well, not really, the libnix update fixes other issues with the SDK, but if you want to do more, that would be equally great... ;)

Quote:

There is another catch: the "new" utils do not use gg: anymore since it caused more pain then benefits.

I suppose that's fine as long as it doesn't break things (I guess it can under certain circumstances, but the user should be able to overcome that).

Quote:

pasm is a very capable macro assembler for PPC from Frank Wille.

Yeah, I know, I just haven't looked much at it .. guess I should at some suitable time in the future... ;)

- CISC
  • »24.04.06 - 04:47
  • MorphOS Developer
    CISC
    Quote:

Although I was unable to understand the increasingly high technical details of your long discussion, I was fascinated by it.

I didn't really notice the high readcount until you pointed it out .. I wonder why, it's not like it's free pr0n... ;)

Quote:

And now we have what I may call a happy ending for MorphOS community.

We'll see, atleast wait until munk delivers (but I'm more than confident that he will). ;)

Quote:

This thread shows that a friendly MorphOS team member and a programmer that proves to be very competent may reach a higher degree of collaboration with future advantage for all MorphOS programmers and indirectly for all MorphOS users.

BTW, I was aware of munk's skills to begin with, so you might say he got in on face value, though proving you know what you're talking about and presenting the facts in a friendly manner should always open a few doors.

- CISC
  • »24.04.06 - 04:58
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Robin
    Why, you ask ? Hehe, this is the first really publicly
    available display of ongoing development since two years ...
    I've no clue of "real" programming still I loved reading
    this ongoing discussion ... :-)

This is an excellent replacement of the long ago requested
    blog about MorphOS development ;-)
  • »24.04.06 - 07:28
    Profile Visit Website