• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Jupp3
    Quote:

I'd like to know what languages are available or if we're locked in C/C++ environment?

C and C++ seem to be the "prefered languages", and that's what most example codes you can find is. But then again, I guess it's the same on most platforms.

Quote:

How is GUI creation done in MOS and how well the libs behave?

I don't have much experience with MUI coding (except with rxmui which lets you code MUI interfaces in arexx) but the nice thing about MUI GUIs is that, they're "automatically" very customizable by the user (colors, button styles, borders, fonts etc.)

Quote:

Is MorphOS a good system for shareware developers whose main focus is network applications?

I'm currently developing a multiplatform 3D-accelerated game with network play. So far I've been using SDL for just about everything without problems.

Quote:

Is it fun to code for MOS or it's a nightmare

Obviously it depends on many things... If you're not familiar with something, it might feel very "nightmarish"

With the help of powersdl and tinygl coding can be the same, no matter which platform you use (and you can also compile the same code for many platforms)

When it comes to the actual coding, MOS SDK comes with MorphEd. which is quite nice text editor with syntax highlighting, macros and other useful features (for coding, at least). Debugging is something that could be better, but real coders don't write bugs, right? :-)
  • »03.12.05 - 13:35
    Profile Visit Website