• Just looking around
    soapdog
    Hi Folks,

it's my first post here, some that are also members of aw.net might regonize me for I'll post the same question here that I asked there. I am a software developer and like small operating systems where you can make some difference, I always wanted to have an amiga machine (or amiga experience machine) but never owned one.

Since I am getting more serious with my developments, I decided to pursuit a deeper research of the AmigaOS/MorphOS systems from a developer standpoint. The guys at AW.Net told me many things about being a developer on their platform, I came here to hear from MorphOS users about being a MOS developer. I'd be very glad if people could spare some lines to tell me more about MorphOS.

I'd like to know what languages are available or if we're locked in C/C++ environment? How is GUI creation done in MOS and how well the libs behave? Is MorphOS a good system for shareware developers whose main focus is network applications? Is it fun to code for MOS or it's a nightmare (I coded some apps for Newton and for PocketPCs, one is a nightmare the other is very fun from a coding standpoint...)

Also there's much FUD regarding MOS current situation, without starting a flamefest, can someone summarize things for me? I am new here and I'd like to see the big picture...

Well, thanks in advance for the help
    Andre
  • »03.12.05 - 06:20
    Profile Visit Website