• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    jcmarcos
    Quote:

takemehomegrandma wrote:
    What's the benefit of this "Feelin" compared to, say, MUI?

From what I've red in Feelin's outstanding online documentation, this new system allows for, among other things, describing complete applications in XML, like this:

<?xml version='1.0' type='feelin/application' ?>

<!-- A simple "Hello World !" -->

<root>
    <Application name="app">
    <Window name="win" Open="true" Title="Hello !">
    <SimpleButton>Hello World !</SimpleButton>
    </Window>
    </Application>

<notify>
    <win attribute="CloseRequest" value="true" target="app" method="Shutdown" />
    </notify>
    </root>

Imagine not only the ease of development, but also being able to tune up every application you might like, so it fits your taste. And I'm not talking cosmetic issues here, I believe you can add "hooks" for new functions.
    I think there's no precedent in our little world for something that can be that productive (perhaps Pandora's DML, but it migrated to other operating systems years ago).
    Have in mind that Oliver Laviale (gofromiel@gofromiel.com) has done a huge job, creating a completely new memory management system, for example. And in this latest (last? No!) release, even a new event system, overloading Intuition's one.
    In my opinion, this is another rare case of a lonely genius giving for free a potentially unlimited tool for us users and programmers. It's something that deserves attention and applause.
  • »10.02.05 - 08:56