• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Crumb
    I no longer code for GadTools, GadToolBox was just an example of what I would like for a MUI Visual GUI creator...

I currently use Reaction and it is enough for me.... and I find it easier than MUI. I have started to do a visual tool to create GUIs, but more in the style of VisualBasic etc where you define only what happens after a event... don't hold your breath, it's too basic at the moment to be distributable.

MUI has a lot of config options but apart from the Font, backdrop of the window and screen I have never used the other options.

The basic 3.9 Reaction classes at the moment suit my needs. For example the ListBrowser class is similar to others I've seen in MUI...

"When talking about advantages and disadvantages, just visit my homepage, You will find there many"

"-multiple return values (8 for m68k (integers and floats), about 25 for ppc integers and 32 for ppc floats) "
    I'm not sure about this... If I use pointers inthe arguments I don't need to return the result in variables... or If you are refering to argument passing in functions in C you can pass arguments directly in registers or as stack.

"lists can be defined/used everywhere you like/need, not on the definition only "

Well, I don't know what are you talking about here... you can reserve memory dinamically in C so I don't know what stops you from creating a list where you want.

If you are refering to defining a new variable in the middle of the code, it makes the code less structured IMHO. Having all the variables defined in One point avoids the problem of wondering what type was a variable.

"binary modules "
    I've got no idea about what it is... it's something like link libraries? or a plug-in system? both things can be done in C...

"much faster "
    compiling or in execution?

"requires less memory "
    that's very true, gcc/Storm eats lots of ram...

about the syntax AmigaE I think that AmigaE is something between Pascal and C... so yeah, it's slightly easier.

BTW Developing a new programming language is a big effort and please do not take my questions as attacks. Many people, specially newbies will find that AmigaE/PowerD is easier than C and will be able to create OS-friendly programs.

The idea of a MUI tutorial is wellcome
  • »11.02.04 - 12:08
    Profile Visit Website