• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Crumb
    "Why do You think, MUI is more difficult than gadtools for programming?"

a) Because I find easier to write gadtool interfaces with gadtoolbox than with muibuilder

"What if You would like to add a forgotten button? In MUI You just insert it, in gadtools You have to move all the others buttons to insert the new one. IMO very uncomfortable."

I use GadToolBox, which IMHO it's much easier than MUIBuilder or any other visual MUI GUI creation tool. So if I want to add a button I simple write a button as I would do with Visual Basic/JBuilder or any other modern Visual IDE.

b) I find MUI harder than ANY other Amiga toolkit, for example I find Reaction to be much easier (I'm not saying that it's worse or better, just that I find it easier).

c) Remember that "easy" or "difficult" is subjetive. For me MUI doesn't look easy

"BTW: What do You know about AmigaE/PowerD? These are true Amiga languages, with lots of advantages except the portability."

I know AmigaE because I used it before I learnt C. It doesn't offer me anything that I can't do in C. AmigaE is not easier than C. Well, It compiled quite fast that's one point, but I can't see any advantage. PowerD is more or less an updated version of AmigaE.

If I use C I can compile native stuff for AmigaOS3.x/4.x/MorphOS and AROS... depending on the app my program may be adapted to other OSes.

I don't give a #### about "true amigans", "true amiga languages", "true amiga hardware", "true amiga trademarks" etc...

If these "true amiga languages" have lots of advantages over C write me a list.

Other "true amiga languages" like AMOS suck too IMHO. AMOS is the less system-friendly language I've ever seen on Amiga. I guess that as it's a "true amiga language" I should fall in my knees and start to praise it, but sorry I prefer C or C++. Call me heretic if you want :P
  • »10.02.04 - 17:05
    Profile Visit Website