• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Tcheko
    Hello @All,

I must agree that something must be done for beginners. I was used a long time ago to develop in 68k asm and it was easier because lot of example and books where available. It is no more the case.

I am currently trying to come back to amiga (mos) programming and it is not easy. Too much thing have changed or documentation is too slim (no examples mainly).

What about Morphos Rom Kernal Manual ? Even if API is compatible with 3.1, we DO need better documentation and sample code.

I search the web last night and didn't found a good forum with wide knowledge base. Most of amiga dev forums are quite empty. I though about comp.sys.amiga.dev (if I remember well) but it makes a long time this newsgroup is dead.

Some people try to do some good stuff : www.guru-meditation.net for example. Content is french unfortunatly. Not too much article either but a good start (Hi Iliak!).

It would be definitively usefull to have a knowledge base about mos programming (by extend amiga programming) with examples and tutorials covering most important subjects :
    - How to setup devenv
    - How to compile (build makefile)
    - MUI (Zune)
    - Networking (Mos 1.5)
    - File I/O
    - Datatypes
    - Graphics
    - Handlers
    - Creating Devices
    - Creating Libraries
    - Installer scripts
    - ... TBC

A good KB is www.w3schools.com, tutorials are not complex but gives you the kick to start with.

I hope 'mentors' will agree and be motivated to build something to help the students...

Regards,

Tcheko.

PS : If anyone know how to link SDL static lib... I take.
    Quelque soit le chemin que tu prendras dans la vie, sache que tu auras des ampoules aux pieds.
    -------
    I need to practice my Kung Fu.
  • »10.02.04 - 09:24
    Profile Visit Website