• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    Are you dreaming of being creative, to do your own thing? Are you new to programming, but wants to learn? Have you programmed before in AMOS or Blitz Basic (and have been hoping in vain for that to emerge on MorphOS)? Do you want to learn the basics of C programming on Amiga together with others? Well, perhaps you can!

There is this thread over at amiga.org: http://www.amiga.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=14951&forum=2&25

There seems to be some interest in forming a "beginners group", that cooperates to overcome the challanges and to do joint projects in a "beginners level". This is my post in that thread:

Quote:

I am very interested in learning C programming (I have made some brief tries a couple of times, but stalled). I already know Basic!

Your thought of forming a "beginners group" is a good idea! :-) Perhaps someone with experience could volunteer as a mentor for such a sorry bunch? ;-) That would be great!

I agree with MagicSN that one should start in small scale, with the easy ways. The focus should (at least in the beginning) be on C programming techniques, compiler usage, and such, rather than advanced OS features and functions. Therefore, the "learning projects" should IMHO be quite simple, bare bone, nothing fancy, and in an "Open Amiga spirit". By that I mean a focus on the AmigaOS 3.1 API, which at least in theory should make it possible to use all 4 flavours of the platform (at least in theory); the Amiga, the A1/OS4, the Pegasos/MorphOS and AROS. Right?

Anyone else interested in a C beginners group? Any volunteer mentors? :-)

My main thought is that one of the bigger challanges for a complete beginner is to overcome the process of setting up an IDE (we in MorphOS might have some benefits here?) and overcome the basics of C programming together with others. "NG" OS specific things might come later, the most important thing is to get more people involved in the creative process, right? There already seems to be some interest among beginners in forming a "Class 1 of Amiga API programming", as well as some mentors.

Are you interested to learn?

Are you interested to be a mentor?

Who knows what might come out of this thought, but it could be worth to check out?
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »10.02.04 - 01:08