• MorphOS Developer
    Piru
    @eliot

The git build process does produce a libgit.a, but this library is not distributed with the SDK separately. Even linux git packaging doesn't offer it separately as far as I can tell.

Anyway you can always grab the latest SDK source archive from the MorphOS Team website and find the MorphOS git from sdk-source/git directory.

It is the official git btw. I spent quite some time sorting out all the kinks in ixemul, threading, gcc TLS etc to make it all work right. Earlier git versions relied on libpth which turned out not to be a suitable long term solution, so a new port was needed.

I'm not sure how convenient it would be to link ixemul static library with a Hollywood application however. I'd hazard a guess that it won't work very well. In fact 99% of the time trying to mix ixemul and non-ixemul will result in trouble. In my opinion just using the git command(s) and parsing the command output is probably the best course to take.

However, this is just my opinion, git is GPL after all so anyone can do whatever they want in the end. :-)

[ Edited by Piru 27.01.2021 - 10:18 ]
  • »27.01.21 - 09:07